Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 28 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 1 DAYS

Happy Halloween! My friends of the Thanksgiving thread we have made it to the 1st of the Big 3 holidays. And guess which holiday is next? Take a guess. YES. It's Thanksgiving. We have 28 days till Thanksgiving and since it's Thursday our weekly count has dropped to 4 from 53. Think about it. And now our countdown to November ends here with 1 day left till Thanksgiving. Just 1. And then we're IN November. It's TOMORROW. You don't want to miss it. Be here for the celebration. November is OUR month here in the Thanksgiving thread and somehow it's TOMORROW. That's such an amazing thing to be true. It feels like we raced around the calendar since we were in November 2019. Anyway, Halloween plans? I'm having a special dinner, watching some Halloween shows and having some Halloween candy. What could be better? Have a Happy Halloween!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 27 DAYS

Happy November Arrives MMC! This is it. It's the MONTH of THANKSGIVING. How was everyone's Halloween? I hope it was as fun as mine was. And I hope to make Halloween 2020 even better with it being on a Saturday. That could only add to the fun. But it was a heck of a day. And now here we are with only 1 countdown left here. No more November Countdown. We're here. And the Countdown to Thanksgiving is at 27 days. Low enough for you or not yet? Well hang on to your hats as we have a November breeze out there this morning. It may blow us right towards Thanksgiving before we know it. This is it. The final home stretch to Thanksgiving. We're in November. This is our month. This is what we wait for. Be happy. And TGIF to everyone also. Have a great November Arrives TGIF!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy November!!!
Less than 4 weeks until Thanksgiving. :)

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 26 DAYS

Happy November Weekend! Look at us now into the first weekend of our favorite month of the year here. Amazing. It is the best isn't it? And our Countdown continues to show we only have 1 to follow now and that is the big one to Thanksgiving 2019. The amount of days has dropped to 26 now. That's less than 4 weeks. 3 weeks from now we'll be into a favorite weekend of mine which is the one before Thanksgiving. That always feels extra special to me and starts to really feel like the holidays are here. I know our own Coach talks about that weekend often and he is right about it. Thanks for that update Rich. Looking good seeing the Macy's Parade updated. It's all so close now it's almost scary. Have a great day everyone. Think of Thanksgiving. Turn those clocks back an hour. Have a great November Weekend!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 25 DAYS

Happy 25 Hour Day! I hope you all turned your clocks back an hour. We gained an hour as they say. Now it will be dark early in the evening. That's ok. That's a sign of Thanksgiving coming. How close are we now? We have 25 days left until Thanksgiving. 370 down to 25. Is that progress or insanity? I hope that you all are enjoying your early November so far. What a special feeling it is. Yesterday I was in the store and saw leftover Halloween stuff, Thanksgiving stuff, Christmas stuff and more! This is why November is the BEST month of the year. It has all of the Big 3 holidays in it. And boy the one we love is coming closer and closer. Now down to 3 weeks and 4 days. I don't know about you but I'm so excited to even go to work the next few weeks knowing with what's coming. It's a great feeling. Woohoo. Ok time to make breakfast. Have a great 25 Hour Day!​

Reactions: Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 24 DAYS

Happy November Week! 24 days remain till Thanksgiving. I just had to get right to the count this Monday Morning because look at it. Geez. 3 weeks and 3 days. 3 weeks from today starts the best week of the year leading into what many say is the best day of the year Thanksgiving Day. Unbelievable huh? I am feeling so good and loving November (even the November chill). Halloween stuff is being discounted and packed up in the stores and the Thanksgiving/Christmas stuff is now out full-fledge. it's that time of year. It's the best time of year. It's all coming now right ahead of us. Next stop: THANKSGIVING. How's that sound? There's nothing else standing in our way. It's straight ahead. I don't even want to rush my Monday, that's how desperate I am now to hit the brakes and enjoy the build to Thanksgiving. It's exciting and special. Have a great November Week!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 23 DAYS

Happy Election Day! 23 days remain until Thanksgiving. I'm not sure what else to say at this point. I'm just in awe of where we are. It's just amazing and I'm running out of words to describe the feeling I'm getting each day as we march through this most wonderful and best month of the year; November. I'm still enjoying those Halloween sales out there and enjoying the feeling of being close to the Christmas Season. But of course as most of you are here feeling the amazing glow of being less than 3 weeks until Thanksgiving Week. That week just feels so different compared to any other week of the year. It has become my favorite week of the year in the last several years. It's just hard to imagine it's only a few weeks away but it is. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy today and it goes slow for you. Have a great Election Day!​

Reactions: Rich

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Election Day!
I vote for more turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn bread, deviled eggs, pumpkin pie, and the list goes on and on. :)

Reactions: Edge612 and KimB

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Speaking of pies......this year I splurged. I ordered a deep dish apple pie from Pie Emporium. My brother loves apple pies and this one won't disappoint. I had a piece of one last year and it was incredible. I used to cook everything from scratch and was cooking all week long. This year will be different. Here's a picture of the pie.

lord-of-the-pies-deep-dish.bdd34aaefc3e9282d8c4c014a0c7c73c.jpg

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Speaking of pies......this year I splurged. I ordered a deep dish apple pie from Pie Emporium. My brother loves apple pies and this one won't disappoint. I had a piece of one last year and it was incredible. I used to cook everything from scratch and was cooking all week long. This year will be different. Here's a picture of the pie.

View attachment 65168
That looks so yummy!!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 22 DAYS

Happy Mid Week November Style! There's not much left to say at this point folks but look at our Countdown. 22 days remain till Thanksgiving. That's Double 2s. There's no other milestones. There's no other months ahead of us. There's nothing. We're here in November. Anyone else getting that November feeling? We have a chill in the air. And I've noticed people being more positive out and about. Maybe they're all getting excited like we are (except we've been excited since last Black Friday for this). 370 days down to 22. That's remarkable if you ask me. 3 weeks from today is what I call my "Favorite Work Day of the Year." It's always been for years now. The feeling at work on the day before Thanksgiving is unlike any other feeling there all year long. Have a great Mid Week November Style!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 21 DAYS

Happy Week Into November! How many of you are going to be here 3 weeks from today? I hope as many of you as possible. 3 weeks remain till Thanksgiving. That's our weekly Thursday count. Just 3. That means 50 weeks ago was Thanksgiving. Yeah I know how is that possible? It is. 21 days remain till Thanksgiving. That's it. Don't need to be a math major to do that math now. That's how low it's getting. But yeah in 3 weeks we're going to celebrate here. There won't be just a "Happy Thanksgiving". But we'll talk about how the day is going. I'll share with you several posts about how my day is going and the little traditions I'm doing throughout the day whenever I can post. I encourage anyone else to share their day as well here. We are all in this together. The excitement continues to build. I'm feeling it. Have a great Week Into November!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 20 DAYS

Happy November TGIF! 20 days remain until Thanksgiving. Yikes. 20 that's it. Umm yeah. Sorry folks I'm lost for words this Friday morning. And it's only going to get more serious here on out. The countdown is truly winding down. I think around this time next week it will really hit me. When we head towards the final week before Thanksgiving Week then it's going to hit all of us in the best way possible I hope. And I'm looking forward to sharing all those special moments with all of you. I am very thankful to have had this countdown all year and for the people who have followed it and also commented. Thanks for being here. It's kept this thing going all year. But we still have 20 days left so let's focus on our Friday shall we? Let's enjoy this day and this weekend ahead. The holiday season is coming Wednesday! Have a great November TGIF!​

Reactions: Rich and Dudley

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Love love love your enthusiasm! I LOVE THANKSGIVING soooo much! May I post what usually happens in our family up to Thanksgiving Day? Or should that be on another page?
I'd love to see it posted here so it doesn't get lost. I get excited when I see other people making preparations!

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 19 DAYS

Happy Veteran's Day Weekend! Oh yeah another "holiday" for some. Not for me but hey it's the weekend so who cares about Monday right now? Not me. We have 19 days remaining until Thanksgiving. Into the TEENS. The temperature this morning is almost as cold as that. It's 21 degrees. I wonder how the weather will be on Thanksgiving Day. Any ideas? Well on Friday we'll be within 2 weeks of Thanksgiving so maybe I will check my 2 week forecast on my phone and see what it says. Of course, it can change plenty of times from now until then but it will be fun to see. Other than that I'm just trying to enjoy today. That's really how we have to treat every day. Each day is a gift. It just so happens that November 28th is like the greatest gift of all. Thanksgiving. I can smell the biscuits and turkey from here. How about you? Have a great Veteran's Day Weekend!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 18 DAYS

Happy Double Digits November! Now we're gearing up into the 2nd "3rd" of November. And this is the one that will lead us to the final days before Thanksgiving. How many days are we from that day now? Well we have 18 days until Thanksgiving. That's it. Just 18. Not much left to say about that number. It's cold out here today but not as bad as yesterday. It will warm up a bit and with the sun out should feel nice. I'm still targeting late next week to start looking on my phone at the Thanksgiving forecast which should be up as it gives me 2 weeks at a time. It will just be fun to even see it on my phone even though it will probably change 10 times over those 2 weeks. Ahh anyway, saw a few giant turkeys in the supermarket yesterday. Thought about getting one but not quite yet. Have a great Double Digits November!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image