Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy1707

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
Sending lots of cold air and rainy vibes your way guys. Its overcast and cool here in South Wales, UK but apparently we are set to get a heatwave this week coming at us so I will be in sympathy if the weather reporters have got it right!

Skippy1707

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
Also a little bit of good news -
My sons best friend Zac had his last chemotherapy treatement yesterday and his bone marrow biopsy has come back CLEAR! So he is now classed as being in recovery from Acute Myeloid Leukaemia :jump

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Sweatbox Sunday MMC! It's miserable out. This is kind of the polar opposite of a weekend in January where it's like below 0 all weekend with the wind. But you grin and bear it as best you can until it cools off. The week ahead looks more normal for this time of year. Low to mid 80s at the highest and less humid. Have a great Sweatbox Sunday!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hello All
I am back.
Have had a busy week.
Sunday the 14th was my daughter Holly's 9th birthday so we had some plans and then unfortunately her daddy got poorly so we had a quiet day crafting, eating cake and just generally relaxing.
The kids had two days in school and then Wednesday the 17th was my birthday (I am 35 years young now!) and we went away camping to West Wales for the night - me , husband, 2 kids and 3 dogs. The first day it rained on and off but we still hit the beach to see all the stone, explore some caves and see the birds. We did find a washed up jelly fish too and wore the dogs out. Then went back to the tent, enjoyed a BBQ and then went on a snack run. We were all exhausted and in bed by 9pm.
I didn't sleep very well so was up at 5.30 in the campsites power showers which were lovely and I walked about a bit, saw the horses in their stables and explored the campsite. Then we went back to the beach again but the tide was in so we couldn't do too much.
We think we will go back over there soon again and have a day out. There is a little harbour that we didn't really get to see which has some nice walks along it and you can see heron, hummingbirds and otters there so we will go back with our cameras one day to have a proper look and husband found a boat ride that takes you out of the west coast of wales and you are 90% guaranteed to see Whales, Seals, Puffins and more so I think we might sneak away and do that at some point too! Maybe for our anniversary.

How has everyone been?
the school summer holidays have started here officially now - 6 weeks of the kids off school and in true welsh fashion - its raining......and its torrential rain. Joy!
Husband Owen is off for two weeks though after Sunday so we will hopefully be getting out and about to have some day trips out and the kids can do things. My father is meant to be stopping in on his way home from my grandmothers too next week so I may see him for a few hours too.
Now all the birthdays are officially over though - it is time to focus on Xmas! I have made my list of people to buy for already. Now just to start buying!

Happy Birthday to everyone there!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hello all!

Well, I thought it was hot before... I was wrong. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be in the mid90s with heat index close to 110!

Football, football and more football. That is my life right now. High school football practices and 7 on 7s this week. Next week starts little league practices. Also, NFL training camps have started for some teams this week and everyone else next week. Just another sign that fall is coming!

I can’t wait! That means college football will be here before we know it too!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
MIL update: There is little news positive or negative with my mother-in-law. Her treatment has been more intense since being transferred to Cincinnati, and they are able to monitor her more closely.
She was moved out of ICU at one point, but then moved right back due to trouble breathing and she developed another bacterial infection. She is not being sedated, but she is rarely awake. The doctors are still hoping that they can get her stabilized enough to do a liver transplant, which seems like it will be necessary for her to really recover.

Continued prayers for you all!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
It. Is. So. Hot.....

But a break is coming! We will be 15-20 degrees below normal the early half of this week and I'm so excited. The morning are going to be downright chilly and will be where the biggest relief is. They are saying that the mornings will be mid 60's! Can someone say FIREPIT???? I think on Tuesday morning, I will get up early, drink my coffee, and have a fire. We won't break 80 until Wednesday...and there are no 90 degree days in the 10 day forecast. I feel like I won the lottery!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
My sons best friend Zac had his last chemotherapy treatement yesterday and his bone marrow biopsy has come back CLEAR! So he is now classed as being in recovery from Acute Myeloid Leukaemia :jump

Wonderful news! Prayers for him!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good morning ... Who ever made Heat Miser mad please apologize. Today is suppose to be the hottest day of the year :eek: ... to hot to go out and do anything. We bought a bunch of ice cream and ice cream topping yesterday to help us deal with this heat and humidity. Hope everyone stays cool and has a great day!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning all! Another work day (the last two have been crazy!) Hope you all are having a great weekend so far and trying to stay cool. This heat is insane! Have a great day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Weekend Second-Halfers.

Well, the weekend may be half over, but we are WAY past that point in our Season count, as you will discover presently.

But first, here are the latest numbers to review:
Days to the Season: 115
Days to Christmas Day: 157
And one day over two weeks past the horizon lurks the 100-Day Season Window and its invitation to begin a DOUBLE-DIGIT count to our holiday period of choice!

Two more days to go with this miserable heat and humidity.
The weather service has promised temperatures about 15 degrees cooler on Tuesday and I will hold their feet to the heat!
This morning has commenced with more of the same old same old, at 82 degrees.

Have a Superior Sunday, Folks!
Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Weekend Second-Halfers.

Well, the weekend may be half over, but we are WAY past that point in our Season count, as you will discover presently.

But first, here are the latest numbers to review:
Days to the Season: 115
Days to Christmas Day: 157
And one day over two weeks past the horizon lurks the 100-Day Season Window and its invitation to begin a DOUBLE-DIGIT count to our holiday period of choice!

Two more days to go with this miserable heat and humidity.
The weather service has promised temperatures about 15 degrees cooler on Tuesday and I will hold their feet to the heat!
This morning has commenced with more of the same old same old, at 82 degrees.

Have a Superior Sunday, Folks!
Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.
Thanks Crown! Have a great Sweatbox Sunday!

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good Afternoon/Evening MMC friends....Hope everyone is having a Merry weekend so far...its been a busy weekend so far...Yesterday we took a days trip to the Orkney Islands and well all had an amazing time...It was the first time the girls have been on a vessel and one of the girls didnt travel very well...Today we went on a forest walk and the girls had an amazing time...Relaxing evening ahead...Enjoy the rest of your Day/Evening ahead:D

Lynn68

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Lifer
Aug 29, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Oh wow! What fantastic news about Zac!! Thank you for sharing this with us!
:snowhappy

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Yard work done. The temp has started an early cooldown. We have a nice breeze blowing and I have a box fan on super high. Grill is going, girls are swimming, and life is good.

Got a little work trip this week to New Orleans. Probably won't be back here until next Sunday.

Y'all have a great rest of your weekend. See ya soon!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Yard work done. The temp has started an early cooldown. We have a nice breeze blowing and I have a box fan on super high. Grill is going, girls are swimming, and life is good.

Got a little work trip this week to New Orleans. Probably won't be back here until next Sunday.

Y'all have a great rest of your weekend. See ya soon!
Have a good trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image