MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good Morning. Glorious looking morning here today. Yes, the start of a weekend and my only day off this week. Had a yummy surprise this morning, awoke to find that my son and his girlfriend baked two dozen of these cupcakes last night while we were asleep last night. They are smurf blue with chocolate frosting and sprinkles; man, they are good; breakfast of champions!
Ahhhhhh, nothing like that first cup of coffee in the morning. I'll have to get a couple of cups in me before I get dressed and go outside and tackle that snake issue of mine.....
What a week for you … one day off, and you have to spend part of it dealing with snake guts. I hope you can sneak in some relaxation!

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Good afternoon, friends ~
Hope your day is going well!
Thoughts & prayers for all!

image.jpg

Ladybugkisses

Elf Choir Book Distributor
MMC Lifer
Nov 2, 2006
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Just poppin in to see how my Christmas friends are doing. Hope everyone everywhere is enjoying this Saturday.

I colored my hair last night and it turned out rather well, I'm pleased. Now it's something i can do more often myself instead of going to the salon - saves me a small fortune. Now that i can relax and color my own hair I'll only need to go to get a trim here and there.

Lizzybeth's hair appointment went well. They cut about 2 inches off and her hair still almost touches her bum, its so long. I enjoyed watching her flip it the whole way home. Lol

I think I'll watch a little tv and take a small nap before going to the choir banquet this evening.

Talk to you all later.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Morning. Glorious looking morning here today. Yes, the start of a weekend and my only day off this week. Had a yummy surprise this morning, awoke to find that my son and his girlfriend baked two dozen of these cupcakes last night while we were asleep last night. They are smurf blue with chocolate frosting and sprinkles; man, they are good; breakfast of champions!
Ahhhhhh, nothing like that first cup of coffee in the morning. I'll have to get a couple of cups in me before I get dressed and go outside and tackle that snake issue of mine.....

Hope you're having a good day so far xmastidings, hope you also find some time to relax!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Morning, y'all! Beautiful weather here....mid 70's with high today in the mid 80's....gonna be fun outside today!

Best of all....the coffee is PERFECT this morning....it's the little things!

Hope y'all have a great day. See you tonight!

Happy Saturday ballcoach, enjoy the beautiful weather!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
It's funny how cats have different tastes in how they want to be petted. I'm glad O'Malley does a tail thump to let you know when he's had enough. I've known cats who seem to love being stroked, then suddenly lash out and nip or claw when they've had enough.

The neighborhood cat heard me in the kitchen this morning and meowed to let me know he was out there. I keep a bag of kitty treats and give him a few pieces when he comes around. Occasionally he climbs up on the deck rail and pounds on the window screen until somebody hears him, but he hasn't done that for a long while. He's one of those who's funny about when he does and doesn't want to be petted.

[Another virtual scratch under the chin for O'Malley]

He doesn't always thud us a warning, I've received several nips over the years, but if I'm paying attention the thud or the ears going back will give me a sign. He's starting to mellow as he ages and doesn't seem as impulsive with his spontaneous attacks as he used to be. I still have a small scar on the top of my head from when he was walking across the back of the sofa and suddenly plunged his fangs into my skull to take over my spot. He didn't get my spot, he got soaked with the water gun though. He even lets me stroke his whiskers, but my husband isn't allowed to touch them. Strange what he expects from each of us.
Nice of you to give the neighbourhood kitty a treat. I used to keep dog biscuits and "good boys" on hand when I was growing up for the strays and the dogs I knew that would follow me and my dog around on our walk.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thank you! I'm looking forward to it!
I'm sure this will be the only chance we have to stay at that particular inn. I went online for available dates, and the prices … ! It'll be a treat, but I'll feel like a rube!

I've pictured you as rather calm and placid … I'll have to amend that!

I think ours ends tomorrow or Monday---but today, it's windows wide open and enjoy the lower heat and humidity! Delightful weather!

I'll bet some places can be quite pricey. Country bumpkin, you say, that was me with my mouth agape starring up at the chandelier that was hanging from 16 floors above us at a fancy hotel in Florida.

Calm and placid is my demeanor when there's trouble brewing, but for everything Christmas, it's "Jumpin' Jolly Time".

It's sticky in here today and hasn't rained like it was calling for just a bit of spit, but no storm. Noticed one of the trees has a quarter of the top of its leaves blown away and they hadn't even turned yellow yet. Next week, it's supposed to warm up again and feel like summer.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Sounds like a great time; I'm heading to the Farmer's Market today in search of corn.

The corn was a let down. I was told that it wasn't a great year for corn because the ground was too cold in the Spring and then too warm near harvest time. I'm not sure I was talking to a real farmer. The Ontario corn at the grocery store didn't look all that good either. Might have to buy American corn.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Hope the shopping goes well.
Stay safe in the storms~
Hope you guys have a wonderful day!

After trying on 11 tops, I only left with 1. This menopause stuff is nonsense; I'm so over-sensitive about my clothing now it's hard to find something without too much stitching in the side seams or that weird waxy thread they use and I can't say enough about tags inside clothes, I cut them off of everything and the ones that are printed inside are just as bad because when I sweat they start to wear away and make me itchy. Egad! I've turned into the Princess and the Pea - crazy lady. Maybe I'll have to make my own clothes.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
While I was shopping, I took a moment and checked out the Hallmark Ornaments at the local shop. Saw the Peanuts 50th ornament and I think that one has my name written on it. There was another one I liked that was a Christmas cuckoo clock with a wee Santa figure. Maybe my invisible playmate from childhood, Pretend Heather, will buy it for me this year as a surprise.
She always gets me what I want if nobody else will. HaHa.:gifty6

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Just poppin in to see how my Christmas friends are doing. Hope everyone everywhere is enjoying this Saturday.

I colored my hair last night and it turned out rather well, I'm pleased. Now it's something i can do more often myself instead of going to the salon - saves me a small fortune. Now that i can relax and color my own hair I'll only need to go to get a trim here and there.

Lizzybeth's hair appointment went well. They cut about 2 inches off and her hair still almost touches her bum, its so long. I enjoyed watching her flip it the whole way home. Lol

I think I'll watch a little tv and take a small nap before going to the choir banquet this evening.

Talk to you all later.
Enjoy the nap & banquet this evening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors