Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
Happy Tuesday!
I’m heading out soon, I have a routine dentist appointment scheduled just like Edge. I have to stop at the health food store on the way home. I’ll be working on daily chores afterward. My mother is stopping by for a visit later this afternoon as well. That’s about it. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day <3

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC!! Merry Tuesday!! As much as I absolutely love seeing the sunshine, walking outside without a coat & enjoying the warm breeze...it's just too early in the year for this!! Gah! I told Moms caregiver I would come over to stay with mom after work so she could get out & go for a walk. It really is awesome...just way too early!!!

Lucy got a bath last night. Lucy got a bath this morning. She is going to be a treat this spring w/ all the spring rain! I don't love it!!! :mad:

But I did I love the dog show last night!! ♥ I missed the last 30 minutes of it though...darnit. Never shut your eyes during a commercial!! Hopefully it will be available on "On Demand"

Not much up for today besides work! I'm planning to take Little Lu for a walk later, if it's not raining! xx

Everyone, have a GREAT day!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hello folks.
I had a teacher workday today. "Professional Development" they call it. In other words, long day of sitting in meetings going over the same stuff we always go over. The only positive is that we are going to be getting new Social Studies materials for next year. The government book I use right now is from 1996! The examples are a bit outdated. :confused:

I hope everyone had a great day. It is like Spring time here in Ohio. Pushing 70 today and will be over 70 tomorrow. Where did winter go?
Crazy weather, isn't it???? Feels like a day we should be having a patio party!! Crazy!
Congrats on the new books! :)
Have a good day ITP!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Morning MMC. We have spring in February today and tomorrow. Going to enjoy it. I have to go for my dentist checkup today. Can't believe it was 6 months ago since I went. That was before the Bers began. Oh we have a winner in the lights contest. 1 was off today but the other house still was lit. Hope you all have a good Tuesday1
Hope your appointment goes well. And hopefully the house that turned their lights off was just out of town & you'll see them again...in 70º weather. LOL!!
Have a good day Edge!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Tuesday morning, Christmas friends!

My appointment went well, and my cardiologist was pleased with me. Huh? I expected a lecture, but my BP was good and my heart was beating regularly, so he was satisfied. Woo hoo! I got away without a lecture! I AM working on the weight loss, though.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Glad to hear your had a good appointment. Always a relief!! Hope you're having a Merry Tuesday Brad!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Tuesday...well all our snow is pretty much gone as we head into the warmer temps. Although the weather guy this morning did say he saw March being colder and some storm activity..who knows?
My husband's car is being fixed today and it was the fuel pump that went..of course it is a hefty bill..ugh! I think when we are going to start looking for another car in a couple of months.
Hope you all have a great day!!

Hope your car repair ends up costing less than expected. I just paid our mechanic this morning. Only $40 this month, but I'm sure next month will be much more after the truck was in there last week! :eek:
Have a great day SFM!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning ~
Happy Tuesday!
I’m heading out soon, I have a routine dentist appointment scheduled just like Edge. I have to stop at the health food store on the way home. I’ll be working on daily chores afterward. My mother is stopping by for a visit later this afternoon as well. That’s about it. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day <3
Hope your appointment goes well too. Enjoy the visit with your parents!! Have a great day!!!

whitney37354

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Jan 16, 2009
Tennessee
We should be near record breaking high temps this week in the mid-70s. We'll probably have a blizzard in March like we did 25 years ago...;

Also, parents here are freaking out because we've had phone threats to one school, social media threats & an actual bb gun brought to the local high school since the school shooting last week. They are now asking for more SRO presence, metal detectors, & probably going to have to go to using clear backpacks for the students.

Lots of kids not going to school because the parents are afraid to send them.I understand that, but we can't live life afraid to leave the house. This kind of thing can happen anywhere at anytime.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Rats. I just got a reminder that I have an appointment with my cardiologist this afternoon. I've been dreading it because I'll have to explain why I've actually gained a little weight, instead of shedding it.

Greeaat. :rolleyes:
Blame it on the pull of the lunar eclipse. The good doctor has to accept this scientific explanation...Well, it sounds better than, "I thought the calories didn't count when I consumed them standing up."

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
We should be near record breaking high temps this week in the mid-70s. We'll probably have a blizzard in March like we did 25 years ago...;

Also, parents here are freaking out because we've had phone threats to one school, social media threats & an actual bb gun brought to the local high school since the school shooting last week. They are now asking for more SRO presence, metal detectors, & probably going to have to go to using clear backpacks for the students.

Lots of kids not going to school because the parents are afraid to send them.I understand that, but we can't live life afraid to leave the house. This kind of thing can happen anywhere at anytime.
Scary times we live in for sure!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Blame it on the pull of the lunar eclipse. The good doctor has to accept this scientific explanation...Well, it sounds better than, "I thought the calories didn't count when I consumed them standing up."
:D

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA

Here at our small private school there's a kid who's always been standoffish, and has told a couple other students that he's thought about a violent act at school. The vast odds are, he's just a child thinking this might get him some attention, but it can't be risked in these times. Several parents are going to the school to discuss the matter today, and I'm afraid he'll get more attention than he or his family wants.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good Tuesday morning, Christmas friends!

My appointment went well, and my cardiologist was pleased with me. Huh? I expected a lecture, but my BP was good and my heart was beating regularly, so he was satisfied. Woo hoo! I got away without a lecture! I AM working on the weight loss, though.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Excellent news!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Merry Tuesday!

The seasonal creek has flooded big time as has the woods behind the house. The ground is still frozen by the house but I don't think it will be for long. Hopefully, this lull in the rain will help things go down around here. The sun was almost out around noon, so I went out walking to assess any damage. None that I could see so far and the basement is still dry. :)

Be safe and merry!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Dayton airport broke a record high today. That's crazy!! So windy, but so warm!!!
And very scary what's going on in schools...and all over this crazy world! Did you see on Fox News this morning the sheriff between Dayton & Cincy who is giving teachers free conceal to carry training? He had a massive response!! He was going to offer to 50 teachers but immediately had 100 & he's now up to 500 +! Teachers shouldn't need to have guns in schools, but unfortunately it's a reality. UGH!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Here at our small private school there's a kid who's always been standoffish, and has told a couple other students that he's thought about a violent act at school. The vast odds are, he's just a child thinking this might get him some attention, but it can't be risked in these times. Several parents are going to the school to discuss the matter today, and I'm afraid he'll get more attention than he or his family wants.
I hope it all turns out ok at your school. It's just not worth taking a chance anymore. If you see it, say it. Darnit! :(

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Tuesday!

The seasonal creek has flooded big time as has the woods behind the house. The ground is still frozen by the house but I don't think it will be for long. Hopefully, this lull in the rain will help things go down around here. The sun was almost out around noon, so I went out walking to assess any damage. None that I could see so far and the basement is still dry. :)

Be safe and merry!
A dry basement is good news during times of flooding!! Hope it stays that way!! Have a great day Meceka!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image