4th of July

irishgirl

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jun 5, 2008
Philiadelphia
July 4th is coming sooner than we realize. With as hot as it has been lately (we hit 95 today and they are saying 99 tomorrow ugg) it is really feeling like summer.. I was wondering what everyone is planning for our nations birthday
Do you BBQ? Do you go to the pool? Parade? Do you set off fireworks?
Happy Birthday America!!!!

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
BBQ baby!

Maybe some icy drinks, watermelon yum yum

M

mammaduke

We will be cooking out on the grill with a few family members & friends, Hots, hamburgs, a few different salads, with iced tea, iced coffee, & kool-aid.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
We also usually BBQ...make a few blended drinks and have a mini block party to blow off some fireworks. Not sure what's happening yet for this 4th..maybe nothing if it continues to rain.

DoubleA

Next in line to Mr. Claus
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Apr 16, 2006
Southern CA
Our street usually has a type of block party, and our downtown has a festival so we float from one to the other and then BBQ and have some ice cold drinks to beat the heat, then fireworks!!!

Sunshine73

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 26, 2005
Illinois
The Fourth of July is a big holiday in my family...second only to Christmas so I'm very much looking forward to it!!

First, the entire family (me, my Dh, my step-daughter, my sis, her Dh and their kids, my other two sisters and my mother) will all gather together, fill coolers with soda, water and snacks and head out to a nearby town. Once there we will check out the huge flea market where I will buy books and DH will buy fireworks and what we call 'fair food' (anything on a stick!).

Once we've had our fill of the flea market it will be time to head over and get ourselves a good spot for the huge parade. We'll bring out the coolers and share sodas and snacks while we wait. The parade itself will last about an hour and a half to two hours (I said it was HUGE).

After the parade we will head back home for a big family cookout. Lots of food, fun and laughter to be had. Then, when we've all eaten our fill and the sun is getting low in the sky we will all head back to the nearby town once again where they have a pre-fireworks show with a DJ, dancing, etc. then, at dusk the fireworks will put a fantastic cap on a great day!!

Laney

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
May 20, 2008
St. Louis, Missouri
We'll be inviting about 35 people to our house for a cookout and fireworks. There is a nursing home across the street from me that does a fireworks display and we can just sit at the end of the driveway and enjoy it! How lovely!

We'll be having hamburgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, salad, watermelon and chips. For dessert - rice krispie treats (with red, white and blue m&m's), cherry cobbler and brownies.

I'm so excited about this and have to get cleaning! I don't have a large house, either, so hopefully the weather cooperates so that people can relax outdoors too.

JAboc

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Lifer
Jul 24, 2007
Virginia Beach, Virginia USA
yes like most everyone else my family will be having a cookout with the works of course and lighting off some fireworks in our court with the neighbors good fun!

liltattoo

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Mar 5, 2008
Looks like we're going to be camping this 4th of July. Our poor camper has been in storage for almost 4 years and needs a little TLC first. Then, we're going to head up to some woods somewhere with one of DH's friends and his family. They picked the site because we've never camped here before.

It'll be our first time camping as a family. First time for the girls and I'm pretty excited about it. Still have to figure out food and what-not, no fireworks for us this time but the girls are too little to stay up late enough to see them anyway. Might get some of those little white cone things that pop when you throw them. They might enjoy those. Should be fun! I've missed camping and getting back to nature!

B

Buddercup

This year we will be BBQing with a few family members & friends.

girlsinmo

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Premiere
MHH Premiere
Feb 10, 2008
We're going to big barbque event in the next town over.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I don't celebrate the 4th of July, but I've seen the movie. HaHa.

Actually, when I was younger and my best friend lived across the street we celebrated the 4th of July because she was from Virginia. We celebrated Canada Day together on the 1st of July and then on the 4th we had red, white and blue jello-o and southern fried chicken, potato salad, and corn on the cob.

Star Spangled Banner - Diversity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8UREJkUGPM&feature=related

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Here's something special in case you missed it on the Canada Day thread - a Barbershop group performs America & O Canada blended beautifully.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV7WmuEIQVE

cheesy Give it a listen, I think you'll like it!

KareninMO

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
May 28, 2008
We always have a family BBQ and pool party although this year we may have to the party inside because the forecast calls for showers and storms on the 4th.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Normally we either host or attend a BBQ but this year we are taking the kids down to the Jersey Shore for the day. The kids love playing on the beach and in the sand and there will be a hugh fireworks display in the evening.

Steven

Belly shakes like Jelly
MMC Emeritus Member
Jan 9, 2008
Barbourville, KY
we will be spending the 4th in a few diffrent locations, in the morning i am going to the park with my family to throw some cornhole, then in the evening to the lake to spend a few days there. after that off to myrtle beach cheesy

purplecrush

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
May 20, 2008
Milwaukie, Oregon
We just arrived at the coast today for the 4th. We always come here for week during the 4th. We hang out on the beach all day and at night the town throws a huge firework display!! The kids love it and we have a blast!!!

DoubleA

Next in line to Mr. Claus
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Apr 16, 2006
Southern CA
Have a very happy and safe 4th of July!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums