Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning, MMC!!!!! It's going to be hot here today with a high in upper 80's. It looks like we might see some storms this afternoon too. Isn't it supposed to start cooling off now? Nothing to exciting going on here today. Just need to run into the store to pick up some more allergy meds. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning made! My allergies were terrible over the weekend too! I hope you stay cool today & your allergies aren't too bad. Looks like we are in the middle of a long warm up!! Have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
snowflake ~ hope you had fun putting up fall decorations!!! And I hope date night was great!!

xmastidings - how awesome your son/girlfriend made cupcakes! Hope they were yummy & you got the snake thing all taken care of. Yuck!

Coach ~ hope you were able to get outside & enjoy the awesome weather!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Morning all, it's Monday again. It's a bank holiday over here and I'm working, which would normally depress me. But we all know what's coming this week. Have a good day folks.

Hope you have a great day too, Tis!!!!

Merry Morning all,

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good weekend. It is a holiday here today.

Mum and I are just having our usual morning coffee and tea and chatting. I got so caught up in what has become our morning routine that I forgot she is leaving in a few hours :( :(

We'll be leaving for the airport in a couple of hours. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers for a safe journey back - it's a long flight and connection. I am going to need courage today, trying my best to keep it together :(.

Have wonderful Monday guys.

x

Praying your mom has a safe trip home, Festive. Thinking of you too!!!

Good Morning, friends~
Merry Monday
Wishing you a blessed start to your week~

View attachment 12234

Good Morning Again, Buddy!!!! I hope you have a blessed week as well!!! Thinking of you guys.

xx

This pretty much sums up how I feel about Mondays. I hope you all have a very merry week, though!

I hope you have a merry week too, Coen!!!

Good Monday Morning! It's the last morning of summer for me...I always feel like when the calendar says September, no matter what the thermometer says, it's fall. I love the -ber months, and I cannot wait to enjoy them with my husband, friends, and family. I'll be looking up new fall recipes to try and making my fall wreath this week to be hung the day after Labor Day on our front door! Some leaves have even begun to change already. I can't believe it's finally here again.

I'm finally back in my routine--no more three jobs. It'll be an adjustment but a good one, I think. I'm ready to not be so busy and to just focus on less. And, we don't have any travel after this weekend for the foreseeable future, which also makes me happy! I like being at home, especially in the fall. Hope you all have an absolutely wonderful day!

Enjoy getting back in your routine and having some more time at home, DYHWIH!!!!

Good Morning, Supporters of Anything and Everything Christmas.

Ready for a new week?
Or better question, ready for our latest count numbers?
Well, ready or not, they always arrive on schedule.

Oh, look! Here they are now:
Days to the Season: 74
Days to Christmas Day: 116

And those numbers tell us that we are just 16 days away from the 100-day Christmas Day Milestone and the beginning of a twin double-digit count.
That's just 2 weeks from the day after tomorrow!
(Wowzers -- just Wowzers!)

A tad warmer and more humid here yesterday but still very nice.
We have opened the day this morning with a light rain at 70 degrees.

My older niece has accepted an accounting position in Charlotte and will be moving there tomorrow. We will be so sorry to see her leave after 24 years (roots go deep!) but it's a good opportunity for her, and after so many years of education (including her CPA designation) she can't wait to join the working market at last!

Have a Marvelous Monday, Everyone!

Congrats to your niece, Crown!!!!! I hope she loves it in Charlotte!!!

Good Monday morning My Christmas friends.

The end of another weekend has come and with that another Monday rolls in. Seems like it happens quite often and i
sense a pattern, lol.

My first Sunday since joining the choir since just Saturday didn't go exactly as i planned. One of the unwritten requirements of being on the choir is all day attendance on Sundays and that means i have to be there starting at 8:45 for the briefing before Sunday school starts, then after Sunday school, morning worship. A few hours break in the afternoon before regular choir rehearsal, then evening service. So most of my Sundays will be spent in church, which is fine but yesterday i get up at 6am to let Buttercup out only to find my niece sleeping in her car in my driveway. I found out She had been there since about 2am. She's a newlywed and she and her husband had their first disagreement and so she needed space. She didn't want to disappoint her parents (my older sister) so she didn't go there and didn't want to be embarrassed by going to a friend's so she came to my house but instead of calling ahead or once she arrived she just slept in her car.

I listened to the reason for the argument and offered her some suggestions mainly never leave but rather stay and work the disagreement out. Of course the argument was stupid but i didn't tell her that but i called my sister last night to see if my niece was fine which she is and she's back home with her husband.

Meanwhile i missed Sunday school and morning service. I didn't let that keep me from choir rehearsal tho and evening service. However, i was touched she came to my home and listened to me even though i feel like I'm not in the best position to offer advice due to me being divorced. I still can share with her what doesn't work when in a marriage so I'm hoping she gleaned something. Her parents have been together since dinosaurs walked the earth but again she didn't want to feel like a failure comparing her new marriage to their seasoned one.

Despite that little hiccup my Sunday as well as the rest of my weekend was great, very productive and enjoyable.
I hope you all have a marvelous Monday and a good start to your week.

I'm glad your niece and her husband worked it out. Hope they both learned some valuable lessons!!! Have a great Monday, LadybugKisses!!!!

Good morning MMC! Happy Monday!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!! Now it's back to the grind! Good thing it's a long weekend next weekend! :D And I can't believe tomorrow starts the Bers! How did that happen? So I guess we could say, it's Ber's Eve! Ha ha! ;)
We had a nice weekend at the lake. We grilled out with neighbors both Friday & Saturday night. (Charlie's ribs were delicious!) We made homemade ice cream yesterday. What a feast!
Have a great day everyone!!!! I'm off to catch up on the weekend posts! (hopefully!)

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful weekend at the lake, Holiday!!!! Enjoy your monday!!!

Good Morning Christmas Friends!

I hope you all have a Merry Monday!!!

Good Morning, CAH!!!! Hope you are staying cool down there!!!

Merry Monday friends!! Hope everyone had a good weekend. On Saturday I went to see Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean at Gilette Stadium in Foxboro, MA. It was an awesome show. Now back to the grind! Hope you all have a great day. I think some Chistmas music is definitely on my agenda for today!

I'm jealous too!!!! That had to be a great show!!!! Have a great day and enjoy the Christmas music, SnowflakeMom!!!!!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good morning made! My allergies were terrible over the weekend too! I hope you stay cool today & your allergies aren't too bad. Looks like we are in the middle of a long warm up!! Have a great day!

Thanks, Holiday!!!! Hopefully the rain today will help tamp down all of the pollen!!!!! Stay cool!!!! That 7 day forecast looks scary to me!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hi friends! Stopping in to say hi! I know I haven't been around too much lately, but it was another crazy week for me at work, but now the family and I are getting some time away at the lake and we're having a great time!! We do have wifi here, but the service is terrible, so I'm just checking things occasionally. I'll catch up here on Monday. Hope all is well with you all! Thinking of you all and prayers!
Hope you had a great weekend at the lake!!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Monday morning, my Christmas friends!

We're expecting lots of rain from Erika as she passes through our area for the next couple days. Boy, it's overcast, warm and humid around here. Yuck!

The kids had a very busy weekend, which means Nancy & I had a very busy weekend. Still, I wouldn't miss it for anything!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Goodnight, MMC!!! Thinking of and Praying for you all!!

Good morning Made!
Thoughts and prayers for you as well!
xx

Morning all, it's Monday again. It's a bank holiday over here and I'm working, which would normally depress me. But we all know what's coming this week. Have a good day folks.

Good morning Tis the season, Happy Monday!

Merry Morning all,

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good weekend. It is a holiday here today.

Mum and I are just having our usual morning coffee and tea and chatting. I got so caught up in what has become our morning routine that I forgot she is leaving in a few hours :( :(

We'll be leaving for the airport in a couple of hours. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers for a safe journey back - it's a long flight and connection. I am going to need courage today, trying my best to keep it together :(.

x

Sending up prayers for your mum, I hope she has a safe trip. Keeping you in my thoughts Sam (((hugs)))

Good Morning, friends~
Merry Monday
Wishing you a blessed start to your week

Good morning Snowflake!
Merry Monday!
I hope you have a beautiful day!
xo

This pretty much sums up how I feel about Mondays. I hope you all have a very merry week, though!

Good morning Coen, I hope you have a great week ahead!

Good Monday Morning! It's the last morning of summer for me...I always feel like when the calendar says September, no matter what the thermometer says, it's fall. I love the -ber months, and I cannot wait to enjoy them with my husband, friends, and family. I'll be looking up new fall recipes to try and making my fall wreath this week to be hung the day after Labor Day on our front door! Some leaves have even begun to change already. I can't believe it's finally here again.

I'm finally back in my routine--no more three jobs. It'll be an adjustment but a good one, I think. I'm ready to not be so busy and to just focus on less. And, we don't have any travel after this weekend for the foreseeable future, which also makes me happy! I like being at home, especially in the fall. Hope you all have an absolutely wonderful day!

Good morning DYHWIH!
I can't believe September is almost here either, it's so exciting!
I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I love snapping winding roads and trails that seem to disappear into nowhere for that very reason.

Anyone familiar with a program called the Littlest Hobo (canine adventure) will understand why I like this one, it reminds me of the intro with a scene of the dog following the tracks.

This one isn't a winding road, but it seems to go on forever.

Here's an example of the windy roads I find on my travels.
Beautiful pics!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning MMC !!!

Sunday morning, time to relax...My oldest's birthday today, hard to believe that I could have an offspring that is 32 years old already!
Lovely pork roast in the slow cooker bathed in apple butter BBQ sauce, going to be good. We have some banana pecan cake with cream cheese frosting for desert.
Off to church in an hour then get to relax the rest of the day .
Hope you all have a fantastic day !!
Hope your oldest had a great birthday! Your pork roast sounds amazing!!! Hope it was delish!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

Ready for a new week?

And those numbers tell us that we are just 16 days away from the 100-day Christmas Day Milestone and the beginning of a twin double-digit count.

My older niece has accepted an accounting position in Charlotte and will be moving there tomorrow. We will be so sorry to see her leave after 24 years (roots go deep!) but it's a good opportunity for her, and after so many years of education (including her CPA designation) she can't wait to join the working market at last!

Good morning Crown!
Congratulations to your niece!
I hope you have a great day!

Good Monday morning My Christmas friends.

The end of another weekend has come and with that another Monday rolls in. Seems like it happens quite often and i
sense a pattern, lol.

My first Sunday since joining the choir since just Saturday didn't go exactly as i planned. One of the unwritten requirements of being on the choir is all day attendance on Sundays and that means i have to be there starting at 8:45 for the briefing before Sunday school starts, then after Sunday school, morning worship. A few hours break in the afternoon before regular choir rehearsal, then evening service. So most of my Sundays will be spent in church, which is fine but yesterday i get up at 6am to let Buttercup out only to find my niece sleeping in her car in my driveway. I found out She had been there since about 2am. She's a newlywed and she and her husband had their first disagreement and so she needed space. She didn't want to disappoint her parents (my older sister) so she didn't go there and didn't want to be embarrassed by going to a friend's so she came to my house but instead of calling ahead or once she arrived she just slept in her car.

I listened to the reason for the argument and offered her some suggestions mainly never leave but rather stay and work the disagreement out. Of course the argument was stupid but i didn't tell her that but i called my sister last night to see if my niece was fine which she is and she's back home with her husband.

Meanwhile i missed Sunday school and morning service. I didn't let that keep me from choir rehearsal tho and evening service. However, i was touched she came to my home and listened to me even though i feel like I'm not in the best position to offer advice due to me being divorced. I still can share with her what doesn't work when in a marriage so I'm hoping she gleaned something. Her parents have been together since dinosaurs walked the earth but again she didn't want to feel like a failure comparing her new marriage to their seasoned one.

Despite that little hiccup my Sunday as well as the rest of my weekend was great, very productive and enjoyable.
I hope you all have a marvelous Monday and a good start to your week.

Good morning Ladybugkisses!
I'm glad to hear your niece is fine and back home with her husband.
I hope you have a great week ahead!

Good morning MMC! Happy Monday!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!! Now it's back to the grind! Good thing it's a long weekend next weekend! :D And I can't believe tomorrow starts the Bers! How did that happen? So I guess we could say, it's Ber's Eve! Ha ha! ;)
We had a nice weekend at the lake. We grilled out with neighbors both Friday & Saturday night. (Charlie's ribs were delicious!) We made homemade ice cream yesterday. What a feast!
Have a great day everyone!!!! I'm off to catch up on the weekend posts! (hopefully!)

Good morning Holiday!
Sounds like a fun weekend!
Hope you have a Happy Monday!

Good Morning Christmas Friends!

I hope you all have a Merry Monday!!!

Good morning CAH, Merry Monday!

Merry Monday friends!! Hope everyone had a good weekend. On Saturday I went to see Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean at Gilette Stadium in Foxboro, MA. It was an awesome show. Now back to the grind! Hope you all have a great day. I think some Chistmas music is definitely on my agenda for today!

Sounds like a great concert, I'm glad you had fun!
I hope you have a wonderful day SnowflakeMom!

Good Morning, MMC!!!!! It's going to be hot here today with a high in upper 80's. It looks like we might see some storms this afternoon too. Isn't it supposed to start cooling off now? Nothing to exciting going on here today. Just need to run into the store to pick up some more allergy meds. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning Made!
It's going to be hazy, hot and humid here all week. I can't wait until it cools off!
I hope you have a great day too!!!

I had a lot of posts I wanted to reply too from the weekend, but for some reason it's not allowing me to insert quotes this morning! I'll have to try to remember some of them...

xmastidings ~ the snake story! EEK! I would have freaked out! Glad to hear your renovation is coming along nicely & your kids are doing well!! Hope things slow down for you soon! xx

HMG - I hope your parents have a wonderful trip to Florida!!

AMD - I hope you were able to find corn at the farmers market!

...that's all I can remember! I'm off to continue trying to catch up! :)

Thank you so much Holiday!!!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Monday morning, my Christmas friends!

We're expecting lots of rain from Erika as she passes through our area for the next couple days. Boy, it's overcast, warm and humid around here. Yuck!

The kids had a very busy weekend, which means Nancy & I had a very busy weekend. Still, I wouldn't miss it for anything!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Good morning Brad!
Be safe in all of that rain, hope you have a wonderful day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

I am having a hard time ignoring this one. I had a two-hour nap and noticed some muscle cramps in my legs, hope it's just because I didn't work out for 3 days and not because it's the flu. I never get common viruses. At this point I'm considering not going to work tomorrow, but I'll probably head in and try and get half a day done, usually once I get there I can finish out the day.

I was mentioning over a week ago about the goldenrod being out and I had some hay fever type sneezes so maybe it's been brewing for a bit and after working with the dust my body started to fight back. I can hardly move my neck sideways. I don't have any eucalyptus oil to give myself a good head cleaning, but my husband will get some for me tomorrow. I tried a steam treatment with hot water, but it didn't work.

Hope you get some relief soon too. I heard lots of people talking about allergies this year more than last year.

I'm trying not to let it put me back in bed. I'm watching the Blue Jays and checking in here to take my mind off it.

Keep a merry thought in your head!:ornarment
I hope you are feeling better today!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good evening, MMC!

I have a few moments to pop in and want to wish everyone a most MERRY week!
Have a wonderful week Meceka!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Have a great day Tis!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Morning all,

x
Awe! Sending big (((hugs))) your way!! I'm sure the time with her just flew by! So glad you had a great time with her. Praying for safe travels for her trip home!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
You have a merry week too Coen!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Enjoy the "slow down" ~ I hope you have a wonderful day too!! xx We are discussing making some new recipes at the lake this weekend to celebrate the holiday weekend! We wanted to make some things over the fire, but at 91º I think we'll wait a few weeks, or until it cools down a little. LOL

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning everyone, Happy Monday!
I'm heading out soon to run a few errands, back home afterward to work on a few chores around the house. I think I'm going to take a ride back to HomeGoods today to pick up some Halloween decorations, I saw so many that I liked when I was there a couple of days ago. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
Oh I received those vintage Christmas figurines that I bought off of eBay, I just love them ~

image.jpg

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Ready for a new week?

Thanks Crown!! Best wishes to your niece!! I'm sure you will miss her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image