Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Friday morning! I have a day off and an appointment at the hairdresser. I need some relaxation time today, I've been stressed all week at work with an issue with a supplier not delivering our bags for the cash registers for customers. The time I've wasted each day on the phone and over emails trying to get them to ship our bags is insane. It's now in the hands of my district manager. Wishing everyone a great day ahead!
Hope you don't get too stressed...and have a great day off.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
TGIF, Christmas friends!

We spent the evening yesterday working on Bernie's weekend birthday party. He's the best father-in-law I could have asked for, so I don't mind putting in the work for him. He'll be 80 on Sunday, and we've invited the entire local community. It should be a blast!

Bernie's also going with me to the auction tonight, so that'll be fun.

Lunch today with my mom & my brother.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Happy Birthday to Bernie!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Everyone!

Now, doesn't "HALF A WEEK" sound nice, at least when we are talking Milestones?

Today's data:
Days to the Season: 262
Days to Christmas Day: 304

Well, we may not quite be to the half a week point just yet, but we are down to a mere FOUR days to our next Milestone marker and that's just a half step over half a week!
Oh, yes. And the marker of which we speak?
Well, that's the 300-day Christmas Day Window, Guys.
Then -- a DOUBLE 200's count commences!

Warmer yesterday, as Mother Nature continues to tease us with tantalizing hints of Spring.
Is this for real, or is it just a cruel trick to get us complacent before the ice boom is lowered again?
We shall see.
For now, we will revel in whatever M.N. has to offer, and currently we are revelling in a starting morning temperature of 53 sunny, calm, bird-singing degrees here in our zone of the great MMC Nation.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
And an Exciting Eve of the Weekend, to boot!
Thanks Crown! I know we'll have some weather bumps in March but I do feel we are past the "worst of winter" at this point!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC! Happy, Happy Friday!!!! TGIF! It's a beautiful start to the day. Sounds like weather could get a little rough later on, but this morning is gorgeous - high of 72º predicted for today! I have laundry ready to hang on the line at noon - love it!
-sun-
Anybody have fun plans for the weekend? I don't think we have many plans at all. My hubby is possibly working tomorrow morning. One of my sisters wants this weekend with Mom since her hubby is in Daytona, so I am only staying with mom for a few hours this afternoon, and a few hours Sunday morning. I might have to fire up the smoker tomorrow - it's been awhile since we've used that! BUT it will feel SO cold after 72º today & 35º tomorrow, so we'll see!! ;)

I've babbled enough. :D Everyone have a great day!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
How much snow are you guys supposed to get?

The last report Snowflake gave me was 15 inches or so.

When I talked to her at 5am they already had 7 inches and were experiencing blizzard conditions.

Then I just heard from her a few minutes ago and she is stuck in her neighborhood on her way to work.

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good morning MMC! Happy, Happy Friday!!!! TGIF! It's a beautiful start to the day. Sounds like weather could get a little rough later on, but this morning is gorgeous - high of 72º predicted for today! I have laundry ready to hang on the line at noon - love it!
-sun-
Anybody have fun plans for the weekend? I don't think we have many plans at all. My hubby is possibly working tomorrow morning. One of my sisters wants this weekend with Mom since her hubby is in Daytona, so I am only staying with mom for a few hours this afternoon, and a few hours Sunday morning. I might have to fire up the smoker tomorrow - it's been awhile since we've used that! BUT it will feel SO cold after 72º today & 35º tomorrow, so we'll see!! ;)

I've babbled enough. :D Everyone have a great day!

Its crazy. Temps in the 70's this afternoon and then the rain could turn to snow tomorrow morning.

Have fun with the smoker this weekend!!

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
TGIF, Christmas friends!

We spent the evening yesterday working on Bernie's weekend birthday party. He's the best father-in-law I could have asked for, so I don't mind putting in the work for him. He'll be 80 on Sunday, and we've invited the entire local community. It should be a blast!

Happy Birthday to Bernie!!! Sounds like its going to be one heck of a party!!

Good luck at the auction tonight!!

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good Morning, MMC!! Its going to be a nice morning and then they ate saying tornadoes possible this afternoon and then snow tomorrow morning. Talk about crazy. Not to much going on today. Just need to put together the entertainment center I got last night. I hope everyone has a great day!!

Good news, Snowflake is unstuck and made it to work.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thank you! She slept for 12 hours last night and seemed better today. I had her in bed by 815 and she was out cold before 830
Happy to hear that!! :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
10 Months until CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Morning MMC! Last Friday of February heading into the last weekend of February. Where has this month gone? Then again we asked that in January too. It's ok though because a personal milestone for me is March 1. That's always the 1st day I feel like we are out of the worst time of year and the 2 months further from the Christmas season coming. My dentist went ok but I have to go back. He did one cavity which was the deepest one. Luckily it was taken care of and there's no need for a root canal or anything like that. I have to go back a couple of more times to take care of the other few I have (or the ones that could be turning into cavities). Good thing for insurance. Just for a cleaning, xrays and a few cavities I can tell the bill is going to be something like $1,500. At least 80% of that will be covered by my insurance. Next bill will be Rollins vet bill on Saturday lol and my new phone! Well at least I'm figuring out how to spend my tax refund huh? TGIF!
Spend, spend, spend!! A reason to go back to work!! ;) Have a great day Edge! Hope Rollins appointment goes well tomorrow!! xx

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Friday morning! I have a day off and an appointment at the hairdresser. I need some relaxation time today, I've been stressed all week at work with an issue with a supplier not delivering our bags for the cash registers for customers. The time I've wasted each day on the phone and over emails trying to get them to ship our bags is insane. It's now in the hands of my district manager. Wishing everyone a great day ahead!
Enjoy your day off! Who would have thought getting shopping bags would be so difficult. Hope it all works out soon. Have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
LOL! Nancy plans our tax refund disbursement months in advance. It's like it never even made it to the bank account.
Good girl! :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
TGIF, Christmas friends!

Wow! What a fun weekend ahead you have! And extra special big HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY to Bernie! Hope he enjoys to the fullest! Enjoy lunch with the family & the auction with Bernie!!
Have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning, Everyone!

Now, doesn't "HALF A WEEK" sound nice, at least when we are talking Milestones?

Today's data:
Days to the Season: 262
Days to Christmas Day: 304

Well, we may not quite be to the half a week point just yet, but we are down to a mere FOUR days to our next Milestone marker and that's just a half step over half a week!
Oh, yes. And the marker of which we speak?
Well, that's the 300-day Christmas Day Window, Guys.
Then -- a DOUBLE 200's count commences!

Warmer yesterday, as Mother Nature continues to tease us with tantalizing hints of Spring.
Is this for real, or is it just a cruel trick to get us complacent before the ice boom is lowered again?
We shall see.
For now, we will revel in whatever M.N. has to offer, and currently we are revelling in a starting morning temperature of 53 sunny, calm, bird-singing degrees here in our zone of the great MMC Nation.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
And an Exciting Eve of the Weekend, to boot!
I'm voting for a cruel trick!!! ;)
You have a fabulous Friday & a wonderful weekend too crown!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
The last report Snowflake gave me was 15 inches or so.

When I talked to her at 5am they already had 7 inches and were experiencing blizzard conditions.

Then I just heard from her a few minutes ago and she is stuck in her neighborhood on her way to work.
Oh yikes!!! Guess they didn't cancel her work, huh? ;) Glad to hear she is un-stuck now - I would be worried about the trip home. Praying for safe travels for her.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Its crazy. Temps in the 70's this afternoon and then the rain could turn to snow tomorrow morning.

Have from with the smoker this weekend!!
It's ridiculous! Hard to fathom the change!!
Thanks...we'll see! If it's cold & windy the smoker may not happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image