Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I don't trust those things. I've blown up two of them trying to boil peanuts quickly. Now I do it the old-fashioned way; in an OPEN pot! LOL
:eek:
Was that the "old" stove top type pressure cooker, or the new electric ones?

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I thought you would all appreciate the fact that we received a Christmas card in the mail today from my cousins in Pittsburgh!!!
-merry-
After all - it IS Rudolph Day!!!! -reindeer-
Nice. I'm thinking of putting Rudolph on this evening to celebrate the 1st Rudolph Day of the year. I haven't watched too much Christmas stuff in January.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Afternoon/Evening christmas buddies...Hope everyone is having a Merry day so far....Brushes are washed and put away and dinner is cooking...Tonite its Lasagna and garlic bread with a very large glass of Red wine MMMmmm...Enjoy the rest of your day ahead christmas friends-gift-
Dinner sounds delicious!!! Enjoy a relaxing evening!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I got a little dose of Rudolph Day magic this morning. On the way to work, I was behind someone whose car license plate was FROSTY. There has to be a story there, and I'll never know what it is! But it gave me a smile. (Well, he DID say he would be "back again someday"!)
It sure would be fun to know the story behind that one! :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Well darn. I was hoping to do roasts in it. Lol!!
I'm going to look and see if I can find a few cookbooks on the library's website to try it out. They had a bunch of them left from black Friday and on clearance for $30, so if I don't like it, at least I'm not out much.

So you're saying if im goung to boil peanuts in it, do it outside? Lol!!! I wonder if my 2 year replacement plan covers that.
Well the veggies were delish, & the roast was done - but it was tough as nails! I like my roast to shred apart when you put a fork in it! :D It was quick! Good luck!
I joined a FB page called "Cooking Under Pressure" ran by Tamara Harden - you have to request to join - for ideas, recipes & tips! There's so many different types - I think all the "settings" on all the different models should be the same. When 1 recipe says to "cook" - mine doesn't have a cook setting....but it has a "stew" setting... so confused! LOL :rolleyes:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I was in a similar situation this season, Sheila. Although no where near as bad as cancer. I had to make the toughest decision I've ever had to make in my 43 years of life. I admitted my daughter into the hospital for attempted suicide. Granted it was a call for attention, but still hard to do. This was right before Thanksgiving and needless to say, I didn't eat for 3 days, I was so upset. I was in an all time low and everyone around me knew something was up because I wasn't in my normal Christmas mood. My wife, bless her heart, did all she could to get me to come around and eventually I did. I got better when my daughter came home, although still not completely back to my normal Christmas self. Then my brother, who lives in TN, did something that really upset me. I had started a tradition with my mother, who passed away a year and a half ago, in that I would get her at least 1 Christmas village house every year for Christmas, sometimes more. Well, when she died, I told my brother that he could have her cribbage board (which we would "fight" over when she was alive as to who would get it, it was all in fun) because I had other things that meant a lot to me, being her Christmas things, especially the village, which I got her about 80% of the village. I had taken what I had room for (the pieces that started it all, which is the main pieces I really wanted.) Well, on FB one day I see he had posted pictures of the village pieces, some I hadn't had room for but still would have liked. He didn't talk to me at all about taking them when he was up for my and my niece's weddings. So that put me in a downward spiral again. Yet again, God bless my wife, she did her best to cheer me up. She talked with my sister and between those two and the children, we stared increasing the village we have.

It sounds like you are blessed, like I am, with a spouse and at least one family member that love you so much that they delve into the Christmas Craziness we live in every day to cheer you up and bring at least a little of our Christmas normalcy back to us.

I also have to state that MMC and working on my hours for Tracking Santa also helped me not spiral down into the dark hole that was threatening to help me. I thank the Lord every day for this community and everyone in it. This is a very special community and I am thankful and humbled to be a part of it. I just hope I can give back as much as everyone here has given me.

Stay strong, Sheila, you've got this beat! I believe it with every fiber of my being.

You have had your plate full! Sending (((HUGS))) thoughts & prayers your way!!! Hope your daughter is 100% very soon - and I'm glad you are adding to your village collection. I hope you have fun doing that!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Nice. I'm thinking of putting Rudolph on this evening to celebrate the 1st Rudolph Day of the year. I haven't watched too much Christmas stuff in January.
Hey, that's a great idea. I may have to join you in watching Rudolph tonight!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Rudolph is one of the few I could really watch over and over again but never get tired of it.
Agree! I don't think I watched it at all during the season!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
:eek:
Was that the "old" stove top type pressure cooker, or the new electric ones?
That was the old ones with the round, hissing weight bouncing around on top.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image