Halloween 2022 Countdown!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 1

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Today is the last day of the "Halloweekend", and I'm going to try and have more fun than I did yesterday. Because tomorrow is OUR DAY. The day that we wait for, and count down towards 365 days a year.

Warning - Today is a long read, I like doing the "reflection" post that I started doing late this season as part of normal "month end", and the preview for the upcoming month, but this one is extra special because it is basically our "year end review" and I hope to share my hopes and wishes for the 2023 Season / Thread.

I feel like we kept the Halloween / Fall spirit alive all year long, this thread was a part of that, but I feel like this was supplemented by Edge's excellent "The Bers" thread, and of course the Thanksgiving thread. Bonus points awarded for every time we would delve into a Halloween or Fall topic in the "Daily Holiday Hangout". Anyway, it takes a village, and we delivered.

I enjoyed Jack O Lantern Days even more this year than I did last year. I had a feeling this might happen as I was able to incorporate more and more activities into them, just like I have done over the years with Rudolph Days. And at least in my mind, having a JOL Day even able to be compared to Rudolph Day is an amazing thing. I don't have any doubt that 2023 will continue this trend.

Dark Arts Sundays - I had no issues here whatsoever. Always fun, I always love seeing HP on the TV, I always get Halloween vibes!

We have slowly grown the thread audience here. I have no expectation whatsoever that we will ever have as much of a presence as the "main" countdown thread. The simple fact is, we are on a 24/7 Christmas site, and there are FAR MORE Christmas fans (like myself) than there are Fall/Halloween-ites. And that's a good thing, because we are a niche group of folks. I expect "attendance" to slowly grow until we probably eventually "peak". Which is fine. Quality over Quantity.

I do have two "regrets" for this year that I want to share now. First of all, by the time we found out that "Spooky Spring" was a thing, I think we were all about a week and a half to two weeks into April. And Edge had pointed out earlier this year that April was the mirror edge of October. It's really true. So my regret for that is not jumping on Spooky Spring right at the beginning. But it's firmly entrenched now in our "lineup", so counting down to it will be pretty fun and being able to jump right in on April 1st is going to be awesome.

My second regret, and I have to be honest about this one - is that because of the stress and worry about our pregnancy, I was really only about 70 - 80% mentally here on most of our milestone days and celebrations. Even my beloved JOL Days. Our journey started in February and ended on October 11th. Part of being a Dad I think means always worrying a little about everything, but by the time my major fears and worries had ceased, it was already two weeks into October nearly. I have tried to make up for lost time since then. And I can tell you honestly today that I think I am going to be EVEN MORE excited for everything next year since most of my horrible worries are in the rear view mirror at this point.

In closing up, I have just a few wishes for 2023:

1. I want to continue to grow the audience here (all are welcome!)
  2. I want to continue to "beef up" JOL Days
  3. I want to continue with at least once a week having our "Fall / Halloween Thought", which we did last year and I think we are doing basically the same thing in the Thanksgiving Thread.
  4. I want to include "Spooky Spring" on the countdowns when it comes time to put up ALL of the main countdowns again (After Christmas)

I think that's a pretty easy list. Basically just keep the cruise control on because I think everybody in here has contributed to a great environment. So thank you to everybody for making it awesome in here. I look forward to continuing our "work" together in the 2023 countdown!

Have a great day!
I love this thread and those are good goals. Keep up the good work.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
This is a great thread and it has added so much to my fun here at MMC. I have plans to work on stuff for the Great Pumpkin Hunt (crafts and treats) and Cricut projects for Fall and Halloween on each JOL Day. I am also looking forward to Spooky Spring, it was great this year, so @SolidSnake84, I am sure whatever you come up with will be great!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I hope our friend @The_Escalation is ok. He’s probably just busy, but I think the last time he was on MMC was last Wednesday. He is a big part of the “big three” holiday threads, and his absence has really been noticed! I felt sure he would pop up in the “final countdown” leading up to Halloweekend. Hope all is well.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Today is the last day of the "Halloweekend", and I'm going to try and have more fun than I did yesterday. Because tomorrow is OUR DAY. The day that we wait for, and count down towards 365 days a year.

Warning - Today is a long read, I like doing the "reflection" post that I started doing late this season as part of normal "month end", and the preview for the upcoming month, but this one is extra special because it is basically our "year end review" and I hope to share my hopes and wishes for the 2023 Season / Thread.

I feel like we kept the Halloween / Fall spirit alive all year long, this thread was a part of that, but I feel like this was supplemented by Edge's excellent "The Bers" thread, and of course the Thanksgiving thread. Bonus points awarded for every time we would delve into a Halloween or Fall topic in the "Daily Holiday Hangout". Anyway, it takes a village, and we delivered.

I enjoyed Jack O Lantern Days even more this year than I did last year. I had a feeling this might happen as I was able to incorporate more and more activities into them, just like I have done over the years with Rudolph Days. And at least in my mind, having a JOL Day even able to be compared to Rudolph Day is an amazing thing. I don't have any doubt that 2023 will continue this trend.

Dark Arts Sundays - I had no issues here whatsoever. Always fun, I always love seeing HP on the TV, I always get Halloween vibes!

We have slowly grown the thread audience here. I have no expectation whatsoever that we will ever have as much of a presence as the "main" countdown thread. The simple fact is, we are on a 24/7 Christmas site, and there are FAR MORE Christmas fans (like myself) than there are Fall/Halloween-ites. And that's a good thing, because we are a niche group of folks. I expect "attendance" to slowly grow until we probably eventually "peak". Which is fine. Quality over Quantity.

I do have two "regrets" for this year that I want to share now. First of all, by the time we found out that "Spooky Spring" was a thing, I think we were all about a week and a half to two weeks into April. And Edge had pointed out earlier this year that April was the mirror edge of October. It's really true. So my regret for that is not jumping on Spooky Spring right at the beginning. But it's firmly entrenched now in our "lineup", so counting down to it will be pretty fun and being able to jump right in on April 1st is going to be awesome.

My second regret, and I have to be honest about this one - is that because of the stress and worry about our pregnancy, I was really only about 70 - 80% mentally here on most of our milestone days and celebrations. Even my beloved JOL Days. Our journey started in February and ended on October 11th. Part of being a Dad I think means always worrying a little about everything, but by the time my major fears and worries had ceased, it was already two weeks into October nearly. I have tried to make up for lost time since then. And I can tell you honestly today that I think I am going to be EVEN MORE excited for everything next year since most of my horrible worries are in the rear view mirror at this point.

3. I want to continue with at least once a week having our "Fall / Halloween Thought", which we did last year and I think we are doing basically the same thing in the Thanksgiving Thread.
  4. I want to include "Spooky Spring" on the countdowns when it comes time to put up ALL of the main countdowns again (After Christmas)

I think that's a pretty easy list. Basically just keep the cruise control on because I think everybody in here has contributed to a great environment. So thank you to everybody for making it awesome in here. I look forward to continuing our "work" together in the 2023 countdown!

Have a great day!
I am looking forward to a wonderful 2023 with you all. Thanks SS84 for all you do. It is very much appreciated.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2021.JPG

Happy Halloween, friends! We did it. We counted down all 365 days this year and we didn't miss one day. I want to thank @The_Escalation for helping me with the count when I missed a day when we were in the hospital. It takes a village, and that's what we have here.

We have a potluck at work today that I'm very looking forward to, and then this evening I am going to try and enjoy one last little bit of Michael Myers, and maybe one last dose of Harry Potter (if it is on TV anywhere). Because tomorrow, as previously mentioned, the mood changes. It's basically Christmas everywhere lol. I fully expect thread traffic to to "die down" on here, but that's ok. We are going to keep the count going and enjoy Christmas season and the perks that the "Bonus Months" give us.

Just a note, this evening, probably around 9:00 or maybe a little before, I will launch the "NEW" Halloween 2023 countdown! Please remember to hit the follow/notify button so that you can be with us on the new thread.

See you later today, have a great HALLOWEEN!

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013

Have a great day!
Great year of counting down! Thanks for all you do and for giving me a bit of escapism throughout the year. Congrats on the new baby!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Fellow spooks, I have just one thing to say:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
I have been absent lately... it's true:

I hope our friend @The_Escalation is ok. He’s probably just busy, but I think the last time he was on MMC was last Wednesday. He is a big part of the “big three” holiday threads, and his absence has really been noticed! I felt sure he would pop up in the “final countdown” leading up to Halloweekend. Hope all is well.

Sorry, everyone. I feel like I've been gone forever. I think in reality it's been four or five days, but it might as well have been weeks! And I really was planning to grace the thread with my "Dawn of the XX Day" memes. My absence can be attributed mostly to work, but we also played a game of "pass the stomach bug" around our family, and so far my wife is the sole winner of that game. My youngest daughter had it first, and then she passed it to my oldest daughter, then to me, and as of last night/this morning my oldest daughter has it again!

That's not to say we haven't had any Halloween fun at all. Friday was our Great Pumpkin Egg Hunt for this year. On Saturday we went to our church for their "Fall Festival" and let the kids get in a practice session of trick or treating. Yesterday evening we finally got in our annual viewing of The Nightmare Before Christmas!

Tonight is the real deal, followed by It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. But I'll be here for the launch of the 2023 thread! And all the while I've still been thinking of ideas to share during our Offseason Planning Session the week after Christmas.

So I've been down, but not out! Looking forward to counting down a whole new spooky year with you folks after tonight ends.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Sorry, everyone. I feel like I've been gone forever. I think in reality it's been four or five days, but it might as well have been weeks! And I really was planning to grace the thread with my "Dawn of the XX Day" memes. My absence can be attributed mostly to work, but we also played a game of "pass the stomach bug" around our family, and so far my wife is the sole winner of that game. My youngest daughter had it first, and then she passed it to my oldest daughter, then to me, and as of last night/this morning my oldest daughter has it again!

That's not to say we haven't had any Halloween fun at all. Friday was our Great Pumpkin Egg Hunt for this year. On Saturday we went to our church for their "Fall Festival" and let the kids get in a practice session of trick or treating. Yesterday evening we finally got in our annual viewing of The Nightmare Before Christmas!

Tonight is the real deal, followed by It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. But I'll be here for the launch of the 2023 thread! And all the while I've still been thinking of ideas to share during our Offseason Planning Session the week after Christmas.

So I've been down, but not out! Looking forward to counting down a whole new spooky year with you folks after tonight ends.
Just glad you and your family are well, brother. The times we live in, when you don’t “see” someone for a while, you start to get concerned. Glad you all are on the mend!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Sorry about the bug! glad you have still been able to have some Halloween fun anyway.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I am probably going to launch the "new" Thread around 9:00 PM (E.T.). Our Halloween activities are winding down here, I've just got Michael on in the background. We will be off and running with the "new" countdown here very soon.

I will put the link up to that one in this thread after the new one is launched so that everyone can jump on board.

My one last reflection before "closing the door" on Halloween Season 2022 - When I came home at lunch time today, I snapped a picture of our house. All of the Fall / Halloween decorations are out, the bushes are in peak foliage as well as the trees, and today was just the perfect gloomy, typical Halloween day. It was a perfect day in every way. And I will be looking at that picture many times in the coming months, because when I think of Autumn in my head, this was just the perfect image. I'm not sure how I am already excited for "next" season while still technically being in "this season", but it's a heck of a thing and a heck of a feeling. I'm looking forward to sharing all that joy and anticipation with all of you.

Once again, from my house to yours, Happy Halloween to you all.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image