Thanksgiving 2024 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 229
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 202
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 141

Happy April Teens! Today folks we have 229 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 202 days left until November, and 141 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone will be on Monday when we reach the 200-Day Marker till November. We move along in our Super Spring feeling good on this Quiet Weekend. That’s what we do in this thread. We have busy 5-day weeks in this thread all year long. No such thing as a holiday. Always a special topic for a post. But on weekends we lay back and relax here. Just enjoy the count, chat a bit, and have some fun. Turkey friends I hope you had a good week. You know what’s starting to creep up on us in our Stress-Free month is that we’ll have the NFL Draft soon and right around that time we’ll get the NFL schedules to release. Can you believe that? But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Let’s enjoy where we are and what we are doing. And just enjoy our weekends doing fun stuff, while also getting stuff done. But also don’t forget to mix in some rest and relaxation. Thanks for showing up to this thread. And I hope you all have a great start to your weekend after a busy week I am sure. I hope the weather will also cooperate for you my friends. Gobble Gobble is all I will say. Have a great April Teens!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Some of Thanksgiving traditions have changed or evolved over the course of the past 25 years due to life events (divorces, deaths, moves). I now use the same turkey platter, cranberry sauce dish and the same Tupperware container to store the leftover turkey in that my parents used when I was a kid. My homemade stuffing is my mom's recipe. Some of our current traditions are the ones I incorporated many years ago and they still hold strong every year like the homemade pepperoni bread, the pie recipes and of course watching the Thanksgiving day parade on TV
I miss my mom's stuffing so much. I don't think she ever wrote the recipe down, at least I have never found one and none of my siblings have one. I have so many memories of the process, my favorite is the speckled metal roaster sitting out on the counter with heaps of bread drying out in it for a few days. It was delicious.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Big milestone day coming. I can hardly imagine thinking of Thanksgiving being in under 200 Days! Have a great weekend!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I miss my mom's stuffing so much. I don't think she ever wrote the recipe down, at least I have never found one and none of my siblings have one. I have so many memories of the process, my favorite is the speckled metal roaster sitting out on the counter with heaps of bread drying out in it for a few days. It was delicious.
Yup, bread chunks drying out are an iconic Thanksgiving memory for me too. Perhaps, you mom didn't have a written recipe--she just knew.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Yup, bread chunks drying out are an iconic Thanksgiving memory for me too. Perhaps, you mom didn't have a written recipe--she just knew.
I think you are absolutely right, it was the same every year but I remember how she would comment on how much the necessary moisture could/would change from year to year and that she would taste test it alot as she went. She just knew what she was looking for. I also sometimes think dishes like dressing are better when made in larger quantities?

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I think you are absolutely right, it was the same every year but I remember how she would comment on how much the necessary moisture could/would change from year to year and that she would taste test it alot as she went. She just knew what she was looking for. I also sometimes think dishes like dressing are better when made in larger quantities?
I agree.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 228
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 201
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 140

Happy April Sunday! Today folks we have 228 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 201 days to go until November, and 140 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be on Monday. That will be tomorrow of course. And it will be the 200-Day Marker till November. It will be big friends. You know it. I know it. We all know it. We move along in our Super Spring with our Stress Free month moving along too here in April on a quiet weekend period which continues today. This is the 2nd half of our quiet weekend period of course. I hope all of you had a good Saturday and will do your best to have a good Sunday as well. Turkey friends I wish you the best today and thank you for stopping by during our quiet weekend. I mentioned in The Bers thread that we have 20 weeks till The Bers. This is always a little milestone that hits me in Mid-April. But that means, to me we still have 40 full days in front of us to enjoy before we start “the road” again. So let’s continue feeling stress free as long as we can. And continue gobbling our way here on our Sunday trying to enjoy everything we have right here and now. Well let’s get into our Sunday now and enjoy it. I hope you have fun today because you’re all the best. Have a great April Sunday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 227
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 200
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 139

Happy Mid-April! Today folks we have 227 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 200 days to go until November, and 139 days left until The Bers. It’s Milestone Monday friends as we have reached the 200-Day Marker till November. Our next milestone folks will be Tom Turkey Day #5. And that will be 10 days from now. Amazing to see the November count at 200 now. Only one left in the 2’s after today. The big one, of course, safely in the 2’s still. It’s Monday as we mentioned and as we move along through our Super Spring with our Monday feature which is our Weekly Countdown till Thanksgiving Week. That now stands at 32 weeks. Moving along here in the 30s. Glad to see that count though. Looks like a good number to me. Turkey friends I hope your week gets off to a good start. I hope you enjoyed our Monday topic. And I hope you also liked our milestone which arrived to greet you with the new week here in our Stress Free month of April. And now we can do our Monday thing and know that we have plenty of great topics to come this week. I think you know them by now so get ready for them but first let’s just focus on today. And let’s make the most out of this Monday in our lives in the Thanksgiving Thread. Have a great Mid-April!​

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I have a black speckled enamel roasting pan. Actually I have 5 oval ones all in different sizes. My mom had the rectangle one when I was a kid. Not sure where it ended up after my parents divorced. Do you recall what was in her stuffing? Was it an onion and celery stuffing? Thats what mine is. Does your mom have any sisters still around that may know the recipe?

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image