Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Friday to you all.

I took today off from work to run some errands and get some extra things done around the place here. I'm hoping to head back down to PA, so I can get the rest of my stuff from out of my old townhouse down there. I've been trying to get back down there for weeks now, but it seems like every weekend, someone is not feeling well, had to work over that weekend or its the weather that is holding us up.

The wife made a big pot of beef stew last night and I am just itching to get into it with that loaf of French bread I see sitting on the table!!!!
Hope you were able to make it to PA over the weekend. Now you have me hungry for beef stew/pot roast!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Saturday morning! I have a feeling this will be a "lazy" day, with David now being sick and me feeling tired of being sick. Movies/dvr and a blanket are planned. Have a great day everyone!
Awe! A blanket & movies sound wonderful - right now! I have been such a home body this winter!
Hope you are both feeling better!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning ... hubby had to work this morning so when he gets off we are going grocery shopping .. thinking Chicken Tacos tonight for dinner and maybe a big pot of Broccoli Cheese soup and Chicken noodle soup (for the kids) for tomorrows dinner. The grocery store has ice cream on sale so I see movies and ice cream on the menu for tonight too. My oldest has been sick for the past few days so we are definitely hanging home most of the weekend. Have a great day!
I hope everyone in your house is healthy now!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning, friends. We went to bed on Monday night being told we would get a dusting of snow and woke up with 5.5 inches.
AWESOME!!!!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Saturday, everyone!

Feels like Sunday here, because we’re having a friend over who is usually free only on Sundays. It’ll be great to catch up with him and give him his Christmas gifts. (Yes, it’s late, but it’s hard to get on his calendar!) The decorations are all down, but I’ll play some Christmas music.
I still have some gifts I need to get out too!! For people we didn't see over the holidays. I have all the lake girls presents but we aren't getting together until Feb 17th! The very 1st day that worked for everybody. Crazy!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Looks like I'm taking my tree down tomorrow :(. I'm going to leave it lit from this afternoon for 24 hours straight to get my fill of it.
It's so sad!!! :(

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Saturday!
We just had my daughter’s basketball game this morning and now I am catching up on laundry. Tomorrow I am taking down the tree..I was going to do it last weekend but wanted to wait another week.
Hope you all have a great day!
Awe! You too! It seems so empty & dark without it! I could have seriously let it up until March. Would not bother me a bit!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hello all! It's been awhile since I have been on. Hope everyone is doing good! Last year was an eventful year for me but we ended up having a wonderful Christmas! Hope everyone here had a nice Christmas as well!

Have a Merry Weekend!
CAH!!! SO nice to see you!! Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas! How are you doing? I think of you often!! Hope all is well with you!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I still have some gifts I need to get out too!! For people we didn't see over the holidays. I have all the lake girls presents but we aren't getting together until Feb 17th! The very 1st day that worked for everybody. Crazy!!!
Nothing wrong with a little Christmas in February! I bet that will be a fun time for you.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning!
Merry Sunday!
The puppy had me up early this morning. I’m just having my coffee and playing with him. Not too much going on here today. My parents are going to take a ride over to see their grandog :) I’m going to get a pot of sauce started in a little while, dinner will be spaghetti & meatballs. Other than that I will be working on the laundry. Should be a relaxing day. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day. I posted this picture of Rocky on Instagram yesterday, thought I’d share it here as well ~

View attachment 42305
Way too cute for words!!! ♥♥♥ SO tiny!!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I am feeling so Christmassy today shopping for a new tree!! I came across this one! 7.5' - On sale for $70, free shipping - 4 1/2 to 5 stars, 583 reviews. What do you think??

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning all!

Last week we had temps that never got out of the freezing mark, even snow and ice nearby and schools closed for the weather. Yesterday was warm enough that hubby and I went to the Arboretum and the lake for a walk. Everyone was out and about walking, biking, picnicking and so on. Today will be in the 70's. Most of the week will be mild. This is Texas so we just wait, the temps will drop again before winter is over! I'm still waiting on a good snow day before it's all over.

Have a Merry Sunday all!
I hope you get that good snow!!! :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning to the MMC community. Let's see, I believe the last time I was on we were at page 39. How time flies. We had some warmer temps here in South Dakota and the snow and ice is all gone from the paved areas. But... it will be back today! Since it got up into the 40's, the snow will be on the wet/heavy side. Current predictions are between 6"-10" and beginning late this afternoon. So, I should still be able to make it to church and get home before "Jack Frost" makes his arrival. It is suppose to snow through the first part of Monday and then a steady wind will drive it east by the late afternoon. Since I am off today and tomorrow, clean-up should not be a huge problem.
NFL Divisional round is today, so sounds like a great time for a hot dog, chili and chips festival.
I hope everyone is doing well and I will try to look back a few pagers to see what you all are up to.
Have fun and a great Sunday...
View attachment 42308
6-10"? You lucky person! ;) Rain has melted ALL of our snow!!! And Lucy has found the mud!!
Have a great day CGY!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
It was a dreary rainy day here in Indy. I ran to the south side for a few things and then I had to go pick up my youngest niece out east. So I’ve been on the road a lot. My niece is still running a fever and can’t go to school. So of course, Uncle made gets to play nurse again and pray that he doesn’t get it. The doctor said the virus has been lasting a couple of weeks so this could be fun. I probably should have picked up a case of Lysol instead of a single can. Lol!! At least she kept me from seeing the Patriots win again. Go NFC!!!!
Oh no! I hope your niece is feeling better soon! So much sickness around.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good evening,

Saw a great game down at Mohegan Sun with the New England Black Wolves beating the Rochester Knighthawks 11-9. It is early in the season but at 4 wins and 1 loss that is the best record in the Eastern conference. I won't speak of the other New England team, even though I am in the region I can't stand them. :D
I am still lazy, my trees are still up and on. I finally shut off my outdoor lights the other night, I am enjoying my trees immensely.
I am exhausted, watching "The Martian" now before bed. My eyelids are heavy.
Goodnight, everyone
Enjoy those tree's as long as you can!!! ♥

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Monday MMC ~
It’s going to be cloudy here today with afternoon showers, temperatures will be in the mid 40’s. I’m still not feeling well and I’m debating whether I should go back to the doctor or not. I hate to sit in that waiting room and expose myself to more germs. I was supposed to go for a stress test tomorrow but I’m going to reschedule that for the second time, I will call as soon as the office opens. I never expected to be sick for this long! Thankfully there isn’t too much going on here today, I’ll just be working on my daily chores. And playing with the puppy of course. I’m going to make a pot of chicken soup for dinner. That’s about it. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!!!

Of course you have to play with that puppy!! :)
:rubhead
Hope you feel better soon. There are so many people with lingering illness. My friend just told me yesterday they have been passing it around their house since November. UGH! Have a great day. Give Rocky a little squeeze from me!!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning, People of the Holidays.

Isn't it great to wake up in the morning knowing you are a member of this uniquely wonderful community of like-minded people, united in their love of everything Christmas?

And, of course, it's also great to wake up to a brand new set of numbers.
Here are today's:
Days to the Season: 295
Days to Christmas Day: 337

Our next Milestone?
The ONE QUARTER marker to Christmas Season 2018.
It's coming, Folks. THREE WEEKS from today, in fact.
(Mark your calendars!)

We hit 66 degrees here yesterday, under clear and sunny skies. Felt like spring.
The cold and the snow are at least temporarily forgotten.
Today has started off at 41 degrees and we should again reach the 60's both today and tomorrow.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Friends!
I hope your week gets off to a great start.
It is great to wake up every day & have coming to this place to look forward too!! :):):)
Enjoy your day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
PTL, school is finally back in session! They have one "snow day" left to use. Then they will have to figure out how to make up any other days they miss: use two teacher in-service days, lose spring break, or go into summer break. They can also request a waiver from the state so that they don't have to make up those days. We still have quite a while before our winter weather is over, but I want to get school over with. DD's math struggles this year are giving me extra stress...
Hopefully they don't have to miss any more than 1 more day this year! xx I was never a math fan either!! I feel for her! :mad:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Monday!
Looks like we will have a pretty dreary day today and tomorrow but it will definitely be all rain.
Not too much going on today...my usual work and catching up on laundry.
Of course, my husband was happy about the Pats!
Hope you all have a great day!

Have a great day SFM!! Stay dry!!

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-22_12-8-56.png
    upload_2018-1-22_12-8-56.png
    171.8 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums