Christmas Countdown - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Tuesday morning, Christmas friends!

It's rainy here this morning, but it's supposed to be sunny and 75°F this afternoon. Of course, it's back down to freezing tonight LOL.

Jacob was bragging this morning about a lucrative gig that his band lined up, and about a couple girls who are interested in him. I wish things would go his way once in a while. :p

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Greeting Merry. A very nice cake indeed. It's so nice in this world where "customer service" just seems to be an over used phrase that there are still businesses and people who go the extra mile...
View attachment 42359
I also think part of the equation was that our friend who ordered the cake is a charming, friendly guy ... folks like to go that extra mile for a cheerful, friendly person.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good morning MMC! Merry Tuesday! What a dreary day!!! Weather channel says we could see some snow by 9am though. Fingers are crossed! xx

Enjoy your boring day ... I hope you get your snow!

It's VERY dreary here. Wet, foggy, and dark, and many areas have black ice. Later today it's supposed to pour rain with wind gusts up to 50 mph. Lovely. (But it beats driving on ice!)

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thanks everyone. I ended up going to the doctor this afternoon. I’ve had this cough for weeks and I feel like I’m getting sick all over again. We’re going to try another round of antibiotics, a steroid an inhaler and a cough suppressant. Hopefully I’ll be on the mend soon.
Thoughts and prayers for everyone else that is under the weather!
Hope you are feeling better quick!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good evening,
Another long day here, but I got to see my best friend and hang out today. It had been a while since we were able to do that.
I am beat, still trying to recover from my 4am shift from Saturday.

Goodnight, everyone
How fun to hang out with your friend! Hope you got a good nights sleep! Have a merry Tuesday!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Very nice Holiday. After Christmas sales can be hard to pass up. Working at Wal-Mart, I saw them go down originally to 75% off. We had an $89 tree for $22.50. Since I already have eight trees, I held back the desire. Unfortunately, I was also working the night everything went to 90% off and there were still four of them, so what can I say? $8.90 later I have a new tree to add... :rolleyes:
View attachment 42356
Now THAT'S a deal!!! $8.90!?!?!!! That's a nice tree!!! Love it!! ♥ How fun!! How tall is it?

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Morning MMC. A rainy Tuesday here. Just made it through 1 day without my co-worker. She's out all week and it's always extra work to try to do when she's not there (then I can't get my own work done). But it wasn't bad Monday just stayed busy. Now Rollins had a busy Monday too. He found himself somehow in the bathtub (he can get anywhere on his own) and barked cause he wasn't sure if he could get out. Have a good day!
View attachment 42357
Look at that face!!! He doesn't look impressed. LOL!!! SO cute!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Morning Holiday. And a big yesssssssssssssssssss! I also love to string the lights myself. Makes it nice to change the colors and the amount of lighting. I also always add at least one strand the will "twinkle" (motion lights) for a more "North Pole" effect (well, at least for me).
Have a fun day...
View attachment 42358
I'm with you!! I possibly tend to over-do the lights??? Ha ha ha!! Never enough! :p

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning and Happy Tuesday!
Not too much going on here today. I’m just going to work on the laundry and spend time with Rocky. I plan on taking it easy the next couple of days so I can beat this cold. I’m going to make tacos for dinner. That’s about it for me.
I hope everyone is well and has a great day!
xx
I just bought lettuce & tomato's for taco's too! YUM! I think that's what we'll have tonight! :) Taco Tuesday!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning, Friends!

Moving right along through the week, the month and the year, progressing ever forward once again toward our beloved Christmas Season.

What else are we moving through?
Why, our count, of course.
Here's the latest:
Days to the Season: 294
Days to Christmas Day: 336

And the pendency of our next Milestone?
Well, it now lurks LESS than 3 weeks ahead. Twenty days, to be precise.
The marker?
It's the ONE QUARTER point to the Season.
So soon, we will be 1/4 of the way "home".
Wowzers!

The weather? Fantastic!
Why? Because we hit 63 for our high yesterday and are supposed to be in the mid to upper 60's today before somewhat cooler weather returns for tomorrow.
Rain fell overnight and more is expected today, possibly accompanied by gusty winds.
The current temperature? Our thermometer says we are a tad under 64 degrees here at this hour in the capital city.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Guys!
3 weeks & we're 1/4 of the way back to the season?? WOW!!! That seems crazy!!! But awesome!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

It's rainy here this morning, but it's supposed to be sunny and 75°F this afternoon. Of course, it's back down to freezing tonight LOL.

Jacob was bragging this morning about a lucrative gig that his band lined up, and about a couple girls who are interested in him. I wish things would go his way once in a while. :p

HA! Go Jacob!! :p
Have a great day Brad!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Enjoy your boring day ... I hope you get your snow!

It's VERY dreary here. Wet, foggy, and dark, and many areas have black ice. Later today it's supposed to pour rain with wind gusts up to 50 mph. Lovely. (But it beats driving on ice!)
Black ice is never good!! We are only supposed to hit 38º today - it's 36 now. And it looks like they took the snow out of our forecast! :( What a bummer! 20 MPH wind is predicted. The wind yesterday was terrible - was blowing my Durango all over the road! ;)
Good thing we have some lights in the house yet to turn on, on such a dreary day!! ;) (when we get home that is)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
7' and very full.
Holy Hannah!!! And I thought I got a good deal!!! That's incredible!!! I want to see a picture of your <$9 tree when it's up & decorated!! :D

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Black ice is never good!! We are only supposed to hit 38º today - it's 36 now. And it looks like they took the snow out of our forecast! :( What a bummer! 20 MPH wind is predicted. The wind yesterday was terrible - was blowing my Durango all over the road! ;)
Good thing we have some lights in the house yet to turn on, on such a dreary day!! ;) (when we get home that is)
You're so right! I also have a "flameless" candle with a realistic flicker that I put at the base of the tree for some extra atmosphere.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
I did get the tree & I can't hardly wait until it arrives Thursday!!! :D That's a great idea to check out craft ideas for the old tree!! I'm not done with it yet!! ;)
I hope you have a merry day too!!

Thank you! I'm glad you got your tree. Have a merry day!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Check out this video of 2 dogs who definitely do not want to see the Christmas tree leave the house. ha ha

By the way...we still have our tree up!!
This made my morning....so funny!!

Thanks everyone. I ended up going to the doctor this afternoon. I’ve had this cough for weeks and I feel like I’m getting sick all over again. We’re going to try another round of antibiotics, a steroid an inhaler and a cough suppressant. Hopefully I’ll be on the mend soon.
Thoughts and prayers for everyone else that is under the weather!
Hope these meds do the trick for you, HMG!!
Have a great Tuesday!

Morning MMC. A rainy Tuesday here. Just made it through 1 day without my co-worker. She's out all week and it's always extra work to try to do when she's not there (then I can't get my own work done). But it wasn't bad Monday just stayed busy. Now Rollins had a busy Monday too. He found himself somehow in the bathtub (he can get anywhere on his own) and barked cause he wasn't sure if he could get out. Have a good day!
View attachment 42357
That is adorable!! Rollins has the sweetest face!

75 sounds nice...awww...I hope it works out for Jacob!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good morning MMC! Merry Tuesday! What a dreary day!!! Weather channel says we could see some snow by 9am though. Fingers are crossed! xx

I have a feeling today is going to be much less eventful than yesterday. No new Christmas tree to buy, no new router to buy! How boring!! :p :D

Everyone, have a great day!!!

Have a great Tuesday, Holiday!
Hope you see some snow!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Tuesday....it is going to be a miserable day, weather wise. Lots of rain but oh well I am just working. Not too much going on tonight, my daughter has basketball practice and I need to fold laundry.
Hope you all have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image