Christmas Countdown - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Seems everyone in my family has been sick with the flu except me! Not sure how I have dodge it so far since I have been the primary care taker for everyone that has been knocked down with it. I have been overexposed to all those germs! I am the one who went through all kinds of health issues last year so I thought my immune system was weakened but it seems it's stronger than I thought!
I hope you get well soon and your stress test does well!!!

Hope you feel better, HMG...definitely follow up with the Dr and make sure it has not turned into anything more.

Very sorry to read that you are not feeling better HMG. If I may ask, what are your symptoms? I'm on day 10 of coughing and congestion but not enough to go to the doctor's. It's never fun going but if that's what it takes to get you healthy again, don't wait. Take good care and have a nice day HMG.

Of course you have to play with that puppy!! :)
:rubhead
Hope you feel better soon. There are so many people with lingering illness. My friend just told me yesterday they have been passing it around their house since November. UGH! Have a great day. Give Rocky a little squeeze from me!!!!

I hope you get better soon!

HmG, praying you are better soon. Have a merry week!

Morning HMG. I'm with you as far as hanging around a doctor's office. But, having said that, don't take your health for granted. The fact that you are considering seeing a physician, is probably a good sign to follow through.
Have a relaxing day and enjoy your Chicken Soup for your body and hopefully some for your soul... :)
View attachment 42335

Thanks everyone. I ended up going to the doctor this afternoon. I’ve had this cough for weeks and I feel like I’m getting sick all over again. We’re going to try another round of antibiotics, a steroid an inhaler and a cough suppressant. Hopefully I’ll be on the mend soon.
Thoughts and prayers for everyone else that is under the weather!

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good evening,
Another long day here, but I got to see my best friend and hang out today. It had been a while since we were able to do that.
I am beat, still trying to recover from my 4am shift from Saturday.

Goodnight, everyone

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Funny, last night I was going through some boxes in my closet and found a Christmas present for my daughter that I totally forgot about (I bought it around Halloween). Fortunately I have a "hideaway" space in my office bathroom that I also throw presents into throughout the year and I always remember to check it a few times in December. I guess I have gotten a small head start on Christmas 2018 shopping.
Way to go! I have done that a few times in the past as well. The most recent was two years ago when I stumbled on a Dremel tool set my wife had wanted. It went on sale in January, so I got it, hid it and then did not find it until March of the following year.
She loved it that next Christmas... lol
Early Christmas Presents.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
I am feeling so Christmassy today shopping for a new tree!! I came across this one! 7.5' - On sale for $70, free shipping - 4 1/2 to 5 stars, 583 reviews. What do you think??

Very nice Holiday. After Christmas sales can be hard to pass up. Working at Wal-Mart, I saw them go down originally to 75% off. We had an $89 tree for $22.50. Since I already have eight trees, I held back the desire. Unfortunately, I was also working the night everything went to 90% off and there were still four of them, so what can I say? $8.90 later I have a new tree to add... :rolleyes:
$8.90 Tree.jpg

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC. A rainy Tuesday here. Just made it through 1 day without my co-worker. She's out all week and it's always extra work to try to do when she's not there (then I can't get my own work done). But it wasn't bad Monday just stayed busy. Now Rollins had a busy Monday too. He found himself somehow in the bathtub (he can get anywhere on his own) and barked cause he wasn't sure if he could get out. Have a good day!
IMG957927.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
No, it is not pre-lit. I've never had a pre-lit. And the horror stories I have heard I tend to stay away from them. I don't mind stringing lights - all part of the merriment! :)
:lightman
Morning Holiday. And a big yesssssssssssssssssss! I also love to string the lights myself. Makes it nice to change the colors and the amount of lighting. I also always add at least one strand the will "twinkle" (motion lights) for a more "North Pole" effect (well, at least for me).
Have a fun day...
christmas_tree_animation.gif

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Forgot to mention that our friend brought a BEAUTIFUL bakery cake when he visited Saturday. He had asked them to write "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" on it if they could make it fit. They not only made it fit, they added decorations and put holly leaves and berries in frosting around the sides of the cake. It was amazing! And delicious, too.

View attachment 42345
Greeting Merry. A very nice cake indeed. It's so nice in this world where "customer service" just seems to be an over used phrase that there are still businesses and people who go the extra mile...
The extra mile.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Morning MMC. A rainy Tuesday here. Just made it through 1 day without my co-worker. She's out all week and it's always extra work to try to do when she's not there (then I can't get my own work done). But it wasn't bad Monday just stayed busy. Now Rollins had a busy Monday too. He found himself somehow in the bathtub (he can get anywhere on his own) and barked cause he wasn't sure if he could get out. Have a good day!
View attachment 42357
Morning Edge. Nice pic. Mine don't have that problem. In fact you can see the very concerned look on their faces when I announce it is bath time.
Not even a wet kiss in provided by either of them...
Riley at bath time.jpg

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
View attachment 42357

He’s so cute :)

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning and Happy Tuesday!
Not too much going on here today. I’m just going to work on the laundry and spend time with Rocky. I plan on taking it easy the next couple of days so I can beat this cold. I’m going to make tacos for dinner. That’s about it for me.
I hope everyone is well and has a great day!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Friends!

Moving right along through the week, the month and the year, progressing ever forward once again toward our beloved Christmas Season.

What else are we moving through?
Why, our count, of course.
Here's the latest:
Days to the Season: 294
Days to Christmas Day: 336

And the pendency of our next Milestone?
Well, it now lurks LESS than 3 weeks ahead. Twenty days, to be precise.
The marker?
It's the ONE QUARTER point to the Season.
So soon, we will be 1/4 of the way "home".
Wowzers!

The weather? Fantastic!
Why? Because we hit 63 for our high yesterday and are supposed to be in the mid to upper 60's today before somewhat cooler weather returns for tomorrow.
Rain fell overnight and more is expected today, possibly accompanied by gusty winds.
The current temperature? Our thermometer says we are a tad under 64 degrees here at this hour in the capital city.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Guys!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Friends!

Moving right along through the week, the month and the year, progressing ever forward once again toward our beloved Christmas Season.

What else are we moving through?
Why, our count, of course.
Here's the latest:
Days to the Season: 294
Days to Christmas Day: 336

And the pendency of our next Milestone?
Well, it now lurks LESS than 3 weeks ahead. Twenty days, to be precise.
The marker?
It's the ONE QUARTER point to the Season.
So soon, we will be 1/4 of the way "home".
Wowzers!

The weather? Fantastic!
Why? Because we hit 63 for our high yesterday and are supposed to be in the mid to upper 60's today before somewhat cooler weather returns for tomorrow.
Rain fell overnight and more is expected today, possibly accompanied by gusty winds.
The current temperature? Our thermometer says we are a tad under 64 degrees here at this hour in the capital city.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Guys!
Thanks Crown! Enjoying this Mid-Winter break in the weather we're getting!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC! Merry Tuesday! What a dreary day!!! Weather channel says we could see some snow by 9am though. Fingers are crossed! xx

I have a feeling today is going to be much less eventful than yesterday. No new Christmas tree to buy, no new router to buy! How boring!! :p :D

Everyone, have a great day!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
We have an electric fence too and my pups do great on it but last week our plow guy broke the wire and the dogs didn't realize it until Saturday. I let them out and all off a sudden I see Leo (picture a prison break :p ) bolting down the driveway like a mad man luckily I saw him and was able to call him back!

I will check out that movie this week...thanks for recommendation!
LOL!! Oh Leo!!! ♥ I'm glad you were there to get him back in quickly! Sure doesn't take them long to figure it out. We use to have a wired fence for Buster. Every Sunday morning he would break through to go to our neighbors house 1 street over, who would feed him bacon!!! I guess sometimes it's just worth it!! :p Our neighbors took care of that fence (twice) when they were trying to help us out while on vacation & aerated our yard. :mad: (Usually someone rents the aerator & the whole neighborhood uses it & shares the cost)
Lucy did break out once on Saturday & she just sat in the middle of the street staring at us!!! Little stinker. She came right back in, thankfully.
I hope you watch & like Christmas Inheritance! It's a different feel from the Hallmark movies, but still in the same spectrum! ;)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday, what a bummer that your tree has seen its last days. There are several crafty ideas to recycle the branches out there so that you can save a part of it for many more years to come. Love the new tree you might be getting and the one that you did get, too! Have a merry week!

I did get the tree & I can't hardly wait until it arrives Thursday!!! :D That's a great idea to check out craft ideas for the old tree!! I'm not done with it yet!! ;)
I hope you have a merry day too!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
You're welcome! I'm glad he is back to "normal". The kitties are now irritated by the puddles of water. They will take a step, glare at me, and then shake their paws. The four stinkers have a lot of attitude! They each have to have their own pile of crunchies in a space separate from all the others. One of them even growls at the big cats so now each one of them has to have their own pile.
Poor Lucy! I hope she learned her lesson about tape!
This made me laugh out loud!!! Such funny kitties!!! They don't like wet paws!!! :rolleyes:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Check out this video of 2 dogs who definitely do not want to see the Christmas tree leave the house. ha ha

By the way...we still have our tree up!!
That's really funny!!! :D Enjoy that tree!! My sunroom tree is still up, though I'm taking it down this week, I'll put my new tree up with blue & clear lights & snowmen to replace it!!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
View attachment 42357
LOL! Rollins looks like he's saying, "Please get me out, Daddy!"

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good morning and Happy Tuesday!
Not too much going on here today. I’m just going to work on the laundry and spend time with Rocky. I plan on taking it easy the next couple of days so I can beat this cold. I’m going to make tacos for dinner. That’s about it for me.
I hope everyone is well and has a great day!
xx
Still hoping you feel better quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image