Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Everyone, have a happy, safe, wonderful Memorial Weekend!

Wishing you the same Holiday ♥♥♥

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Weekend Starters.
And yes, another weekend has indeed begun.

But what is about to end?
Our 200's level Christmas Day count number sequence, that's what!

Days to the Season: 170
Days to Christmas Day: 212

And in just TWELVE more days, the 200's will be behind us and BOTH of our counts will begin with a "1". So close now to SINGLE DIGITS.
(Then, won't things start to move faster!)

A wonderful dry, sunny day was experienced here yesterday, with moderate temps, low humidity and light winds.
A truly great late May day!
This morning has dawned bright and sunny as well at 64 degrees here in the capital city, and it looks like we will have good weather for our trip to the coast, on which we are just about to embark.

Well, Edge has the bridge while I am on assignment to the east. I will see you here Tuesday morning!
In the meantime, have a Sensational Saturday, a Wildly Wondrous Weekend, and a Magnificent Memorial Day, Everybody!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
It's going to be cloudy today with a high of 70 degrees. Not too much going on here. I ran most of my errands yesterday. I'll just be working on some chores around the house. Just going to take it easy. My daughters engagement party is tomorrow, saving my energy for that. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!
xx

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

And in just TWELVE more days, the 200's will be behind us and BOTH of our counts will begin with a "1". So close now to SINGLE DIGITS.

A wonderful dry, sunny day was experienced here yesterday, with moderate temps, low humidity and light winds.
This morning has dawned bright and sunny as well at 64 degrees here in the capital city, and it looks like we will have good weather for our trip to the coast, on which we are just about to embark.

Well, Edge has the bridge while I am on assignment to the east. I will see you here Tuesday morning!
In the meantime, have a Sensational Saturday, a Wildly Wondrous Weekend, and a Magnificent Memorial Day, Everybody!
Thanks Crown! I'll try to carry the torch through Memorial Day!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny

Have a good weekend Crown!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Saturday MMC! Nothing better than waking up and realizing you have a 3 day weekend. I'm thankful for all those who served and sacrificed for our country. The sun is out early here but will it last? It sounds like the forecast for this weekend keeps changing. Anyway, it will not be as warm as recent Memorial Day Weekends as they said this might turn out to be the coolest Memorial Day in over 10 years. Just some errands going on today Saturday style and some yard work that is long overdue after the last 2 months of nonstop rain. Have a great day!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Hello everyone. I'm at Hobby Lobby. Look what they're putting out...

View attachment 36962

View attachment 36961

We went right next door to Hobby Lobby last night and I wanted to go sooooooo bad. Doc told me that I had to wait...that our tradition was after the Fourth of July....that it would be like opening a present on before Thanksgiving....

What's wrong with that, Doc? Gosh....

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Gooooooooooood morning!

A three day weekend, but one with high cost. To those of you who had family members serve...bless you. I had two family members serve in WWII. My grandfather was a navigator on the flying fortresses and my Uncle Reed was a fighter pilot. Both of them were decorated....my grandfather would tell me stories when I was little about the airplanes...how loud they were and how they would shake...but would never talk about dropping bombs. I remember my Dad would get on to me when I would ask. But what is an 8 year old boy supposed to do? After he passed, I asked my Dad stories about my grandfather and WWII....but my Dad never knew of any. He said it brought my grandfather great sadness knowing what happened when those bombs landed.

I always try to keep in mind those who serve...that they all have a part of them that dies when they go to battle...for many of them feel like they have lost innocence.

If you served, thank you.

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good morning all. Another incredibly long week between the job, chores and helping out at the zoo. I still have tonight to work and then off Sunday and Monday. The weekend itself will not be much different for me than any other. Monday however, will have a little more depth and meaning. I can understand being grateful for a 3-day weekend. I enjoy those times when I am off for three (or more) consecutive days off as well.
The sad point (which I do not dwell on) is that most in this country (especially in the larger cities)... that's all there is to it. A paid day off from work. I'm happy that I reside in a smaller city that still lines the streets with American Flags and that many of the smaller businesses close their doors (even Hobby Lobby closes at 5:30) to give their employees time with family.
I will spend the morning in quiet reflection...
Memorial Day.jpg

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Saturday All...my daughter had a softball game this morning and her dance recital tonight. So we are just relaxing now since she is still not 100%..still coughing a lot. Hope you all have a great day!

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Happy Saturday All...my daughter had a softball game this morning and her dance recital tonight. So we are just relaxing now since she is still not 100%..still coughing a lot. Hope you all have a great day!
Morning SnowflakeMom. It's nice to relax now and then. Praying your daughter has a speedy recovery and a great recital.
Happy Saturday.jpg

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Gooooooooooood morning!

A three day weekend, but one with high cost. To those of you who had family members serve...bless you. I had two family members serve in WWII. My grandfather was a navigator on the flying fortresses and my Uncle Reed was a fighter pilot. Both of them were decorated....my grandfather would tell me stories when I was little about the airplanes...how loud they were and how they would shake...but would never talk about dropping bombs. I remember my Dad would get on to me when I would ask. But what is an 8 year old boy supposed to do? After he passed, I asked my Dad stories about my grandfather and WWII....but my Dad never knew of any. He said it brought my grandfather great sadness knowing what happened when those bombs landed.

I always try to keep in mind those who serve...that they all have a part of them that dies when they go to battle...for many of them feel like they have lost innocence.

I've heard many stories about those who served in a war who would refuse to talk about their experience at all to friends and family ... the things they witnessed and experienced were too painful to revisit at all. God bless those who have to live with memories of that sort the rest of their lives. It surely must alter one's life to witness, repeatedly in combat, man's most naked inhumanity to man, while trying to keep his or her own spark of humanity alive.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Hello everyone. I'm at Hobby Lobby. Look what they're putting out...

View attachment 36962

View attachment 36961

OMG. I almost had a melt down this morning . I drove by our Hobby Lobby and all of the signs had been taken off the building!!! @shock

I was so scared they had closed!! @cry

Luckily they are just getting new signs. Whew!! @stars

Unfortunately, no Christmas yet. There are some bare aisles though. So I bet this week.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Gooooooooooood morning!

I'm told my grandpa was the same way about his time in Korea.

Along the same lines, the ranger of the boy scout camp I worked at when I was younger was on one of the first FEMA search and rescue teams to arrive at ground zero. He spent almost a month there and says its something he'll never talk about.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I'm told my grandpa was the same way about his time in Korea.

Along the same lines, the ranger of the boy scout camp I worked at when I was younger was on one of the first FEMA search and rescue teams to arrive at ground zero. He spent almost a month there and says its something he'll never talk about.
I have to say again ... I just can't imagine having to live with such memories. It's one reason I have a great admiration for those who serve in the armed forces or as first responders anywhere: they are willing to endure anything to get the job done. God bless our veterans.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Gooooooooooood morning!

Happy Memorial Day Coach!! Dont feel bad because he didnt speak of things in detail, I have people all the time ask me stuff and I rarely ever talk about anything. I will tell everybody now that most people would rather be comfortable not knowing what a war is like, because most think its just a simple slap on the hand. Most people dont talk much because it basically reminds you of what you are capable of doing, you go from the kid on the corner to something you never dreamed you would do. Sometimes by not speaking of it you will rationalize it as if "I never did that". By my 2nd deployment I honestly thought they were going to let us win, I had set my mind to the fact that if we won my kids and everyone elses would never have to come back to Iraq or Afghanistan. On my 4th deployment I knew better..lol. Now I know why my Grandpa fought so hard to keep me out of the service. I just hope my boys dont follow in my steps so they can lead a normal life.

Jason

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Jan 24, 2017
Vermont

Have a great trip East, Happy Memorial Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image