Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Memorial Day! A moment first and foremost to thank all of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. We can never forget the importance of today.

Now of course Crown is out today so on this holiday I'm thankful to be able to post the count and these numbers continue to look better and better. Let's take a look.

Days to the Season: 168
Days to Christmas Day: 210

One can plainly see that we are now down to 10 days till the 200 Christmas Day Window which leads us to a double 1s count. How exciting is that? Well Crown will let us know more on this tomorrow. Today we have a rainy and chilly Memorial Day. It's been many years since we've had one this bad but the rain should stop enough to BBQ later today, however we may not get above 60 today and usually today is a day we are running the a.c. Feels more like Easter than Memorial Day. Have a Marvelous Monday and Memorial Day MMC!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
The start.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good morning Gunny. As we pause to remember those who made it home and those who did not. Thanks for your service as well...
View attachment 36987
Thxs GG... I just wish that I could have brought home all the kids that I took over so many times. Today is about them and the sacrifices everyone made.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Happy Memorial Day! A moment first and foremost to thank all of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. We can never forget the importance of today.

Now of course Crown is out today so on this holiday I'm thankful to be able to post the count and these numbers continue to look better and better. Let's take a look.

Days to the Season: 168
Days to Christmas Day: 210

One can plainly see that we are now down to 10 days till the 200 Christmas Day Window which leads us to a double 1s count. How exciting is that? Well Crown will let us know more on this tomorrow. Today we have a rainy and chilly Memorial Day. It's been many years since we've had one this bad but the rain should stop enough to BBQ later today, however we may not get above 60 today and usually today is a day we are running the a.c. Feels more like Easter than Memorial Day. Have a Marvelous Monday and Memorial Day MMC!
Thanks for the fill-in Edge!!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Happy Memorial Day!

Not much planned today, rainy and chilly here so getting any yard work done is out of the question. So different from this time last year where it was so hot we had our central air on. Not sure if grilling is going to happen today, may have to cook the ribs in the oven.

Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday but lets keep those who made the ultimate sacrifice and their families in our thoughts and prayers!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Happy Memorial Day!

Just a little history of the day... The first Memorial Day took place at Columbus, Georgia in 1866. Most sources site April 26th as the first Memorial Day because that is the date Joe Johnston surrendered. However, the date has been moved several times since then and northern states began celebrating shortly after. The first "national" Memorial was in 1868, Decoration Day. The term Memorial Day did not become widely used until after WWII. The current timing of Memorial Day was finalized in 1971.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I hope you're enjoying your Memorial Day!

This is the first Memorial Day that I know of that I put on sweats to keep warm! The expected high today is only 56F, with cloudy, wet weather. Ick. But it's a day off, and I can't complain about that!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I hope you're enjoying your Memorial Day!

This is the first Memorial Day that I know of that I put on sweats to keep warm! The expected high today is only 56F, with cloudy, wet weather. Ick. But it's a day off, and I can't complain about that!
I was just thinking this morning how many times we've gone to work on a rainy Monday morning. This is the perfect one to stay home. And you're right I'm actually cold on Memorial Day...it's weird!

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good afternoon all. Well, let's see... the front yard is cut trimmed and the trees pruned back above the sidewalk. The back yard has been cleaned of dog visitations, weed whacked, the walkway edged and the remainder of the yard mowed.
Time to kick back for a moment or two until dinner preparation. I hope everyone is enjoying their day off. For those who I am reading about that are dealing with less-than-desirable weather. Enjoy your ovens, sweats, blankets, time to relax and of course a good movie...
Captain America & Memorial Day.jpg

Solice

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Dec 31, 2008
Scandinavian
Good morning!
Happy belated Memorial day weekend everyone (if I can say that?)
We have a lot of american soldiers here (over 300 I think) at any time
One of them helped my daughter a couple a weeks ago when she fell off a roof
(and broke 4 bones in her foot)
She remembered his name (Joseph) and was so amazed that he had helped her
And I thought, of course he helped her. He is an American ♥

Hope all is well with you all?
Miss beeing here, and be up-to-date with you all ♥

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! Hope you are all well after the holiday. It was a good one for us. The rain stopped so we could BBQ but we actually turned the HEAT on lol. That's got to be a first on Memorial Day. Forget the a.c. turn the HEAT on! They said it was the coldest Memorial Day we've had in at least 14 years. Well back to work now and only a 4 day work week plus my busiest week of the month. Have a great Tuesday!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Tuesday morning! Hope everyone in the USA enjoyed a nice Memorial Day with family and friends. Much gratitude to everyone who bravely served/serves to keep our world safer.

Fiest day back at work yesterday went fine. We even had an evaluation of my employee schedules by our District Manager and it was right on target. I have some catching up to do from last week but nothing I can't handle. Hope everyone will enjoy a great day!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning!
Happy belated Memorial day weekend everyone (if I can say that?)
We have a lot of american soldiers here (over 300 I think) at any time
One of them helped my daughter a couple a weeks ago when she fell off a roof
(and broke 4 bones in her foot)
She remembered his name (Joseph) and was so amazed that he had helped her
And I thought, of course he helped her. He is an American ♥

Hope all is well with you all?
Miss beeing here, and be up-to-date with you all ♥

So nice to see you Solice ~
Sorry to hear about your daughters fall. I hope she's recovering well.
xx

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend. My daughters engagement party was on Sunday, we had a beautiful day. Back to my regular routine today. I have to do some food shopping this morning. My mother is coming by later this afternoon to visit. I'll be working on daily chores in between. I guess that's about it. Hope everyone is well!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Folks!
Back from the beach and back in action.

And it appears most of the action has been right here!
Just look at the count and where it has gone since I left:
Days to the Season: 167
Days to Christmas Day: 209

And what do we see that really shocks us?
Well, how about the fact that we are now down to SINGLE DIGITS to the Two-Hundred Day Christmas Day Window and the commencement of a double-100's level count sequence.
(These are exciting times, indeed!)

Does anyone here remember the soap "The Edge of Night?
Well, we have our own Edge here. The Edge of the Count.
Thanks for keeping us running without a break over the weekend, my friend!

Humid, but otherwise nice weather for the visit to the cottage. The only rain we had fell in the late evening after all outside activity was completed.
We are just about ready for our 47th consecutive rental season! I have one more brief trip to make the middle of next week before our first renters arrive on June 11.
We have started our day off at 70 degrees here in the central part of the state, and rain is a possibility..

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image