Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks!
Back from the beach and back in action.

And it appears most of the action has been right here!
Just look at the count and where it has gone since I left:
Days to the Season: 167
Days to Christmas Day: 209

And what do we see that really shocks us?
Well, how about the fact that we are now down to SINGLE DIGITS to the Two-Hundred Day Christmas Day Window and the commencement of a double-100's level count sequence.
(These are exciting times, indeed!)

Does anyone here remember the soap "The Edge of Night?
Well, we have our own Edge here. The Edge of the Count.
Thanks for keeping us running without a break over the weekend, my friend!

Humid, but otherwise nice weather for the visit to the cottage. The only rain we had fell in the late evening after all outside activity was completed.
We are just about ready for our 47th consecutive rental season! I have one more brief trip to make the middle of next week before our first renters arrive on June 11.
We have started our day off at 70 degrees here in the central part of the state, and rain is a possibility..

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everyone!
Thanks Crown! And welcome back!

Ryan

Santa's Mentor
MMC Donor
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 24, 2012
Oklahoma
OMG. I almost had a melt down this morning . I drove by our Hobby Lobby and all of the signs had been taken off the building!!! @shock

I was so scared they had closed!! @cry

Luckily they are just getting new signs. Whew!! @stars

Unfortunately, no Christmas yet. There are some bare aisles though. So I bet this week.
That was a close one! Glad they're still there.

Ryan

Santa's Mentor
MMC Donor
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 24, 2012
Oklahoma
We went right next door to Hobby Lobby last night and I wanted to go sooooooo bad. Doc told me that I had to wait...that our tradition was after the Fourth of July....that it would be like opening a present on before Thanksgiving....

What's wrong with that, Doc? Gosh....
Doc's tend to know best, I suppose. But it's hard not to question that one! ;)

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good morning!
Happy belated Memorial day weekend everyone (if I can say that?)
We have a lot of american soldiers here (over 300 I think) at any time
One of them helped my daughter a couple a weeks ago when she fell off a roof
(and broke 4 bones in her foot)
She remembered his name (Joseph) and was so amazed that he had helped her
And I thought, of course he helped her. He is an American ♥

Hope all is well with you all?
Miss beeing here, and be up-to-date with you all ♥

Bless her heart, I hope she's feeling better! I'm glad she had some help!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Morning MMC! Hope you are all well after the holiday. It was a good one for us. The rain stopped so we could BBQ but we actually turned the HEAT on lol. That's got to be a first on Memorial Day. Forget the a.c. turn the HEAT on! They said it was the coldest Memorial Day we've had in at least 14 years. Well back to work now and only a 4 day work week plus my busiest week of the month. Have a great Tuesday!
Lucky you! It was 98° here around 3pm.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC!! Merry Tuesday! (I almost said Monday....so happy it's not! :D) I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial weekend! It was a whirlwind! Busy weekend! But good! Back to the grind...

It's a beautiful morning - lots of sunshine! :)

Everyone, have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thank you so much ~
Our liner went, we've been waiting for the new one. It had to be custom made so it took a while. But it should be any day now. I can't wait, hate looking at that pool cover!
I hope it comes in soon! xx

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Tuesday morning! Hope everyone in the USA enjoyed a nice Memorial Day with family and friends. Much gratitude to everyone who bravely served/serves to keep our world safer.

Fiest day back at work yesterday went fine. We even had an evaluation of my employee schedules by our District Manager and it was right on target. I have some catching up to do from last week but nothing I can't handle. Hope everyone will enjoy a great day!
I'm glad your first day back went well! If I'm ever gone for more than a day, you can bet that things fell apart, and they're all my fault LOL.

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good morning ~
I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend. My daughters engagement party was on Sunday, we had a beautiful day. Back to my regular routine today. I have to do some food shopping this morning. My mother is coming by later this afternoon to visit. I'll be working on daily chores in between. I guess that's about it. Hope everyone is well!
I'm glad you enjoyed the engagement party! I'm afraid that when that day comes for me, I'll be one blubbering dad.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Happy Memorial Day!

Just a little history of the day... The first Memorial Day took place at Columbus, Georgia in 1866. Most sources site April 26th as the first Memorial Day because that is the date Joe Johnston surrendered. However, the date has been moved several times since then and northern states began celebrating shortly after. The first "national" Memorial was in 1868, Decoration Day. The term Memorial Day did not become widely used until after WWII. The current timing of Memorial Day was finalized in 1971.
Still hard to believe I used to go to school on Memorial Day since it wasnt observed then or it maybe was optional..idk.
Its kind of hard to explain to people if they didnt come from the south or was born there. It was started by a Northern General and was meant at the beginning to honor union troops only. Alot of the south celebrated on a different day. It was just a different time I guess.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good Morning, Folks!
Back from the beach and back in action.

And it appears most of the action has been right here!
Just look at the count and where it has gone since I left:
Days to the Season: 167
Days to Christmas Day: 209

And what do we see that really shocks us?
Well, how about the fact that we are now down to SINGLE DIGITS to the Two-Hundred Day Christmas Day Window and the commencement of a double-100's level count sequence.
(These are exciting times, indeed!)

Does anyone here remember the soap "The Edge of Night?
Well, we have our own Edge here. The Edge of the Count.
Thanks for keeping us running without a break over the weekend, my friend!

Humid, but otherwise nice weather for the visit to the cottage. The only rain we had fell in the late evening after all outside activity was completed.
We are just about ready for our 47th consecutive rental season! I have one more brief trip to make the middle of next week before our first renters arrive on June 11.
We have started our day off at 70 degrees here in the central part of the state, and rain is a possibility..

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everyone!
Thanks Crown!! Glad you had a good weekend

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Tuesday morning, Christmas friends!

We had a long, hot weekend here in southeast Georgia. It was in the mid to upper 90's all weekend, but I did get most of the lawn mowed, put new tires on my truck, and grilled for lunch yesterday.

Nancy's dad had lots of fresh vegetables in his store, so we had corn-on-the-cob, sliced & fried new potatoes, and I sliced more new potatoes with squash and sweet onions in a pan with olive oil and Season-All, and put that on the top rack of the grill while I cooked the chicken breasts. We had sliced cantaloupe and strawberries for dessert. Whew, that was good stuff!

After lunch, I went to see the new Alien movie. No one else wanted to see it, so I went by myself. The movie was good, but the A/C in the theater was broken. Another hot afternoon LOL.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good morning all...happy Tuesday! We ended up going to my SIL's house yesterday for a little cookout...it rained but the food was still good! Just back to my regular routine of working and the kids are counting the days when school is out (6/16). Hope you all have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning ~
It's going to be cloudy today with a high of 70 degrees. Not too much going on here. I ran most of my errands yesterday. I'll just be working on some chores around the house. Just going to take it easy. My daughters engagement party is tomorrow, saving my energy for that. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!
xx
I hope the engagement party went well & everyone had a good time!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Gooooooooooood morning!

A three day weekend, but one with high cost. To those of you who had family members serve...bless you. I had two family members serve in WWII. My grandfather was a navigator on the flying fortresses and my Uncle Reed was a fighter pilot. Both of them were decorated....my grandfather would tell me stories when I was little about the airplanes...how loud they were and how they would shake...but would never talk about dropping bombs. I remember my Dad would get on to me when I would ask. But what is an 8 year old boy supposed to do? After he passed, I asked my Dad stories about my grandfather and WWII....but my Dad never knew of any. He said it brought my grandfather great sadness knowing what happened when those bombs landed.

I always try to keep in mind those who serve...that they all have a part of them that dies when they go to battle...for many of them feel like they have lost innocence.

If you served, thank you.
Well said!
My FIL was in Vietnam. He won't talk about it. Ever!
WWII ended just as my Dad was ready to be deployed (Army) I'm very glad he didn't have to go.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
OMG. I almost had a melt down this morning . I drove by our Hobby Lobby and all of the signs had been taken off the building!!! @shock

I was so scared they had closed!! @cry

Luckily they are just getting new signs. Whew!! @stars

Unfortunately, no Christmas yet. There are some bare aisles though. So I bet this week.
WHEW!!!!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
And I thought, of course he helped her. He is an American ♥
It's so good to hear someone say that ... these days, I'm afraid the international image of "American" is turning into something far less pleasant.

It's always so good to hear from you, Solice! Speedy healing to your daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image