Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Last night we cut down a pine tree. It was damaged when we remodeled our house & just hasn't looked good since. It's on the property line between our house & the neighbors so we were all out there dragging away the branches. I came across one that looked like a little Christmas tree, so I saved that one. I'm hoping to stand it up at the lake & decorate it for our CIJ weekend, this weekend. It smells GREAT too! I'm not sure yet how I'm going to get it to stand up though! o_O The tree was loaded with pine cones too - but they were small & so STICKY!!
I also made rum balls for our CIJ celebration. I have never made them before, so hopefully they taste ok! Its a recipe I found online.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning all and I trust this Timeless Tuesday is finding everyone well. Since this is the 25th of the month in our Christmas in July celebration, let me say to one and all... Merry Christmas in July!
The day began early and with my Bible Study group having met and my better half arising from her night of rest, the day will continue with a walk, followed by some yard work and a few chores around town before ending in the early afternoon. Short work week for me since the daughter of a good friend is getting married on Saturday. Of course I will be there, but maybe not to the reception. We'll see. Not much else really going on. The weather has come down a few degrees, which I enjoy immensely and July is almost in the books for 2017.
Enjoy these last seven days of July...
View attachment 37862
Can't believe July is almost in the books. Crazy! Hope you have a good time at the wedding.
Enjoy your day!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Thank you so much HMG! I can't wait for her appointment with the different vet, even though it makes me nervous. I just worry about her - and her future! My FIL was over last night & he said to Gracie "I heard you haven't been feeling too well - sounds like you might have to be replaced soon!"
I certainly hope that's not the case, but I couldn't believe he said it!! MEN! ;) :eek::mad:
Wow...what an insensitive thing to say...smh!! I always wonder what people are thinking!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good Morning, Super Season Supporters!

Yes, we are all here to support our season of choice, which just so happens to be the one involving Christmas.

And the Milestone markers?
Well, we support them too, with our enthusiasm.
The next one coming up? Keep reading.

Days to the Season: 111
Days to Christmas Day: 153

The next pending marker is, of course, the 100-DAY SEASON WINDOW and it lurks just 11 days into the future. (That's SINGLE DIGITS from the day after tomorrow, Guys!)
Then, the day following, we enter a DOUBLE-DIGIT count to Christmas Season 2017 and all of its glories!

Well, OK. We did see a bit of a relief yesterday from the H&H conditions that have been plaguing us for about a week now. The humidity was not really down much but the temps declined.
Today should see us back up into the mid 90's again but tomorrow could bring a pretty nice mid week for 'Pines Day!
Right now, we perceive 77 degrees on our back door thermometer.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Folks!
Thanks Crown!! Sounds like its time for some lemonade.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Last night we cut down a pine tree. It was damaged when we remodeled our house & just hasn't looked good since. It's on the property line between our house & the neighbors so we were all out there dragging away the branches. I came across one that looked like a little Christmas tree, so I saved that one. I'm hoping to stand it up at the lake & decorate it for our CIJ weekend, this weekend. It smells GREAT too! I'm not sure yet how I'm going to get it to stand up though! o_O The tree was loaded with pine cones too - but they were small & so STICKY!!
I also made rum balls for our CIJ celebration. I have never made them before, so hopefully they taste ok! Its a recipe I found online.

Do you have any thrift stores or 2nd hand stores near by? They may have a Christmas tree stand for cheap. I know some of the thrift stores around are have CIJ sales right now. Might be worth checking out. Another idea would be a patio umbrella stand.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Hi everyone ... well the last couple days have been very productive in terms of writing out a list of gift ideas for hubby, the kids and the extended family that we exchange with. I think I have about 50% of the gifts figured out so now I am hoping I can get a jump start on shopping. Even my hubby told me I have 2 months to get my wish list to him :)

Well my lunch break is almost over.. Have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Christmas in July!

I plan on watching a Christmas movie or two and listening to some Christmas music while I finish writing a paper. Not much else going on today besides continuing to work on ComicCon costumes.

Everyone have a great and wonderful day!!
Sounds like a great day!! I have had QVC on in the background at work. Hoping to watch something Christmas later on at home! The weather is awesome!!
Enjoy your day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
That's good because I have no idea where I'm going to store him. Lol!!!
Just sayin - if he were at my house, he wouldn't be put away until the new year! :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Do you have any thrift stores or 2nd hand stores near by? They may have a Christmas tree stand for cheap. I know some of the thrift stores around are have CIJ sales right now. Might be worth checking out. Another idea would be a patio umbrella stand.
We don't have too many 2nd hand stores around, but that is a thought. It will only be up Friday night through Sunday afternoon so I don't want to get too crazy with it! I thought of an umbrella stand, but we had to throw ours away - it cracked! That would have been great! It's a busy week too, so I don't have a lot of time to go out looking. Hopefully my hubby will have an idea - maybe something from the farm! :D
Hope you are having a good day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hi everyone ... well the last couple days have been very productive in terms of writing out a list of gift ideas for hubby, the kids and the extended family that we exchange with. I think I have about 50% of the gifts figured out so now I am hoping I can get a jump start on shopping. Even my hubby told me I have 2 months to get my wish list to him :)

Well my lunch break is almost over.. Have a great day!
You go girl!! You have a great start!! -gift-
Lunch break always goes too fast, doesn't it?? I would swear there are less minutes in the lunch hour than any other hour of the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image