Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 365

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 47
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 52

Good Evening Halloween Friends! The NEW Halloween 2023 Countdown Thread is now up and running!

Halloween here for the most part is over, and when we wake up tomorrow, It's Christmas everywhere.

Veterans of this thread know the routine, but I like to include a few things for anyone who may be new to the thread or just joining us.

Our Countdowns are now live and up at the top of this post. Every Monday, I will update the "Weeks" count. The daily counts are updated every day.

Over the next few weeks, we will see additional counts get added to the main countdowns at the top of every post. These coincide with our special days and special seasons, which I will get into briefly below:

We acknowledge "milestone days" every 50 days when counting down through our main counts. I find that dealing with the time in little chunks seems to fit the mood better than looking at one giant slog of a countdown.

:Special Days:

JACK O LANTERN DAYS

Beginning in January, each month that has a 31st, we celebrate "Jack O Lantern Day". I get out the electric Jack O Lantern, burn some fall/ pumpkin wax warmers / candles, and listen to my "Halloween Playlist" that day, before settling in for a mini horror movie marathon to wrap up the day. Some days when the weather cooperates, I even have a small fire in my outside fire pit. This is just my way of adding a little bit of Fall / Halloween to my life, during times in the year where I am really missing Fall. And it really helps. I think some of us here keep the same routine. We do this in January, March, May, July, and August, before yielding to "Halloween Season" in September, having safely reached our destination.

SPOOKY SPRING: (New For 2023!)

Folks - Spooky Spring was a grand addition to last year's festivities. April is essentially the mirror image of October, and Spooky Spring is celebrated the entire month of April. Basically it is October in April. Scary movie marathons, pumpkin spice everything - Halloween decorations. The cool weather really sets the tone for the month and it leads us right into Halfoween, the grand celebration of reaching the half way point to Halloween.

HALFOWEEN:

The grand celebration of being Halfway to Halloween, reached after the entire month-long celebration of "Spooky Spring". It's like a Jack O Lantern day on steroids. Or Halloween in April, whatever suits your fancy! April 30th! Mark your calendars!

FRIDAY the 13th:

We have TWO Friday the 13ths this coming year. The first one is on January 13th, and the second one is October 13th. It is basically like a Jack O Lantern Day "cheat day", and I usually treat the day as an extra JOL Day and will exclusively watch the Friday the 13th movies!

"Halloween Season"

The first day of Fall this coming year is on September 23rd, which is a Saturday. I really doubt that anyone wants to wait that long to officially kick off "Halloween Season", so I propose officially starting "Halloween season" on Monday the 18th. Who says Mondays are no fun?

And that's it! We can get into more specifics as the thread unfolds, but I want to continue the interactive content and sort of psuedo-discussions that we have in here. I want to borrow from the awesome Thanksgiving thread where we weekly discuss at least one Thanksgiving thought / topic. This year, Halloween is on a Tuesday, so I think beginning on Tuesday, January 2nd, we will start up with our weekly Halloween thought every Tuesday! This thread is sort of on "easy mode" the next few weeks because I never want to do anything to "cut into" Christmas season, so I won't really be chasing the Halloween milestones "hardcore" until after Christmas has passed!

Once again, no leap year this year, so Halloween 2023 is already on its way. Thank you all for being here and happy counting!

Last edited:

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Here we go again! :D

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Well, I have said good-bye to Halloween 2022. I loved it fully. But now, that love is behind me for another year and I am now ready to put away all the glitz and orange and black and move on to the beauty and appreciation of Thanksgiving. But for now, Hello to the journey to Halloween 2023. 2023? How the heck did that happen?

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 334
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 364

Good Morning Halloween Friends!

We welcome a new addition to the main countdown this morning, and that is the return of "Days to October". One of the things I enjoy in the early weeks after Halloween has ended, is seeing the gradual return of all of the counts, and then the fun in chasing after those and watching them count down to zero and exit the thread again.

There's another countdown coming tomorrow and I think it will be met with pretty grand fanfare.

When I was driving home last night from the grocery store, I saw a house in the neighborhood that already had their Christmas lights up on the front porch. It really hit me in the feels. I wish I could do that, but I don't want to sacrifice any time from Halloween season.

I have the "sad" duty today of putting away all of the outside Halloween stuff and transitioning over to Christmas. I'm not sure how many lights I will get up outside before it gets too dark, but I should at least get my bushes in lights, and maybe the icecycle lights on the roof If time permits. It will probably take me about a week to do everything.

Have a great day, friends!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! I say it every year but one of the (many) great things about Halloween and the season is even when it ends look what we have: November, Holiday Season, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Have a great day!

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 365

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 47
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 52

Good Evening Halloween Friends! The NEW Halloween 2023 Countdown Thread is now up and running!

Halloween here for the most part is over, and when we wake up tomorrow, It's Christmas everywhere.

Veterans of this thread know the routine, but I like to include a few things for anyone who may be new to the thread or just joining us.

Our Countdowns are now live and up at the top of this post. Every Monday, I will update the "Weeks" count. The daily counts are updated every day.

Over the next few weeks, we will see additional counts get added to the main countdowns at the top of every post. These coincide with our special days and special seasons, which I will get into briefly below:

We acknowledge "milestone days" every 50 days when counting down through our main counts. I find that dealing with the time in little chunks seems to fit the mood better than looking at one giant slog of a countdown.

:Special Days:

JACK O LANTERN DAYS

Beginning in January, each month that has a 31st, we celebrate "Jack O Lantern Day". I get out the electric Jack O Lantern, burn some fall/ pumpkin wax warmers / candles, and listen to my "Halloween Playlist" that day, before settling in for a mini horror movie marathon to wrap up the day. Some days when the weather cooperates, I even have a small fire in my outside fire pit. This is just my way of adding a little bit of Fall / Halloween to my life, during times in the year where I am really missing Fall. And it really helps. I think some of us here keep the same routine. We do this in January, March, May, July, and August, before yielding to "Halloween Season" in September, having safely reached our destination.

SPOOKY SPRING: (New For 2023!)

Folks - Spooky Spring was a grand addition to last year's festivities. April is essentially the mirror image of October, and Spooky Spring is celebrated the entire month of April. Basically it is October in April. Scary movie marathons, pumpkin spice everything - Halloween decorations. The cool weather really sets the tone for the month and it leads us right into Halfoween, the grand celebration of reaching the half way point to Halloween.

HALFOWEEN:

The grand celebration of being Halfway to Halloween, reached after the entire month-long celebration of "Spooky Spring". It's like a Jack O Lantern day on steroids. Or Halloween in April, whatever suits your fancy! April 30th! Mark your calendars!

FRIDAY the 13th:

We have TWO Friday the 13ths this coming year. The first one is on January 13th, and the second one is October 13th. It is basically like a Jack O Lantern Day "cheat day", and I usually treat the day as an extra JOL Day and will exclusively watch the Friday the 13th movies!

"Halloween Season"

The first day of Fall this coming year is on September 23rd, which is a Saturday. I really doubt that anyone wants to wait that long to officially kick off "Halloween Season", so I propose officially starting "Halloween season" on Monday the 18th. Who says Mondays are no fun?

And that's it! We can get into more specifics as the thread unfolds, but I want to continue the interactive content and sort of psuedo-discussions that we have in here. I want to borrow from the awesome Thanksgiving thread where we weekly discuss at least one Thanksgiving thought / topic. This year, Halloween is on a Tuesday, so I think beginning on Tuesday, January 2nd, we will start up with our weekly Halloween thought every Tuesday! This thread is sort of on "easy mode" the next few weeks because I never want to do anything to "cut into" Christmas season, so I won't really be chasing the Halloween milestones "hardcore" until after Christmas has passed!

Once again, no leap year this year, so Halloween 2023 is already on its way. Thank you all for being here and happy counting!
Such a great lineup with so much to look forward to. And just like that we're six months to Halfoween. Sept 18th is a great idea. Besides I tend get started (mentally anyway) in August. That's when I first see decorations, and most importantly all the seasonal beers on the shelves. August IS "Halloween Awareness Month." :)

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Such a great lineup with so much to look forward to. And just like that we're six months to Halfoween. Sept 18th is a great idea. Besides I tend get started (mentally anyway) in August. That's when I first see decorations, and most importantly all the seasonal beers on the shelves. August IS "Halloween Awareness Month." :)
August is "Fall Pre-Season" for many of us on this thread!

And I have to be honest, I've actually never thought of "6 months until Halfoween". Technically now though, we can say we are LESS THAN 6 months to Halfoween! :)

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
This is a GREAT idea! It adds something to look forward to in mid-September. Love it!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Tonight the Halloween decorations come down and the Thanksgiving decorations go up, on the outside. With my pending back operation, we will begin decorating the inside of the house tonight for Christmas. On Thanksgiving Day, I'll decorate the outside for Christmas. Then I can enjoy everything during my recovery time.

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
It was another great Halloween and Spooky Season. We had a little rain but it cleared up about 20 minutes into Trick or Treating.

I will be switching my outside decor back to fall until I get my Christmas decorations out later this month. Inside some Thanksgiving decor will be added. The gameroom will switch over to Christmas this weekend and the rest of the house will follow on black friday.

It is always shocking to see the new count numbers. But as usually the first part moves fast with Thanksgiving and Christmas.

My focus has now turned to the final big 2 holidays. Halloween always hangs on a little bit for me. Once we get to the depressing months the counts will be in full swing and the counts to Jol days, Spooky spring, and Halfoween will be in full motion.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am so excited to have the new thread to visit, it makes 2023 seem so much friendlier! I was going to take my Halloween Village and decor down tonight but since I am feeling a bit under the weather I have decided it is in my best interest to leave it up tonight and maybe a few more. Today was 70 degrees and it doesn't feel like November so I am going to enjoy it all a bit longer. Since COVID I have been rushing all decor changes, sometimes up to a month early, so I am hoping this means I am back to "normal"! LOL

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I am so excited to have the new thread to visit, it makes 2023 seem so much friendlier! I was going to take my Halloween Village and decor down tonight but since I am feeling a bit under the weather I have decided it is in my best interest to leave it up tonight and maybe a few more. Today was 70 degrees and it doesn't feel like November so I am going to enjoy it all a bit longer. Since COVID I have been rushing all decor changes, sometimes up to a month early, so I am hoping this means I am back to "normal"! LOL
I keep up my ceramic "Halloween Trees" all throughout Christmas season. I put out all of my ceramic Christmas trees out on our dining room table (Which is unused because we have a little small table outside of our kitchen), and this year I might put out a few of the Christmas ceramic houses. I used to put them all out, but a few years ago I stopped and started putting out just the trees! This year I will have a blend of all!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Hope you get feeling better quickly.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans. Well my friend says this after we finish December 26th "There's no more December 26th till we have Christmas again." Well "There's no more November 1st till we have Halloween again." Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JACK O LANTERN DAY: 90
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 150
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 179
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 334
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 364

Good Morning Halloween Friends! You will notice this morning that we have had some old friends return to our countdown lineup. The Jack O Lantern Day count, and Days to Halfoween have now returned to the lineup. And today we welcome a NEW addition to the daily countdowns, and that is the "Days to Spooky Spring". I picked today to put these back because we are exactly 90 days from the 1st Jack O Lantern Day of 2023, and just 150 DAYS until Spooky Spring!!!

I believe the only count we are missing now is "The Bers" count, but it doesn't make very much sense to count down to The Bers while still being in them!

Time might feel like it is going slow these next couple of weeks / months, but just let the "Bonus Months" do their thing. Nobody is missing Halloween very much in November or December. But by the time we DO start missing it again, we are out of that last week of December and all of those counts are looking very very different.

Have a great day, friends!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I cleared my Halloween decor off of the Front Porch, I think I am going to do one room/day. I am keeping a keen eye out to see when people take down their outside Halloween decor and to see if they are going to jump straight into Christmas. We have had such beautiful weather that I think people may procrastinate on switching over, nothing helps hurry people along like a forecast with a long line of cold/wet days.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image