Halloween 2024 Countdown!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I saw an ad on TV last night for the SyFy channel. The Chucky series will start on April 10th. Not that I'll watch it. But some on here might. ;)
That reminds me! I heard they are making a Halloween TV series. Sounds like it will take place before all of the movies, but I didn’t get all of the details. I just remember seeing the article and thinking, “I know a few folks on MMC who are going to love this.”

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
That reminds me! I heard they are making a Halloween TV series. Sounds like it will take place before all of the movies, but I didn’t get all of the details. I just remember seeing the article and thinking, “I know a few folks on MMC who are going to love this.”
I remember hearing about that a few years ago. Supposedly some of it will take place inside smiths grove when Michael was a child there. Not sure if it would make for a good story or not. We will see!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans! Had a great 3 days off and I still have the weekend. It wasn't so much what I did these last 3 days but what I didn't do. Kind of took a laid-back approach. It felt good in a Halloween way. Happy Halloween!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 2
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 31
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 124
DAYS TO THE BERS: 155
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 171
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 185
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 215

JOL Day #3.jpg

Good Morning Folks! Happy Jack O Lantern Day! I fell asleep last night and didn't get back on here to do the March rundown, so I will include a brief synopsis at the conclusion of this post.

The elephant in the room is obviously the beginning of Spooky Spring, which is now two days away. This entire weekend is like standing outside of the door and waiting for it to open up. Excitement everywhere. The cool weather, the way the moon looks at night. How the wind makes the shadows "feel" like Halloween. I'm looking forward to hopefully a whole month of that and chasing those Halloween feels as we get closer and closer to being halfway back. What a magical time we are in.

Tonight's Jack O Lantern day Movie is "Halloween 4". I think out of all of the Halloween movies, that one has the best opening to any movie, really transporting you to the feel of October and Autumn. And I think it is the most appropriate one I can think of since I want to get some of those "feels" as we head into Spooky Spring.

So let's hit the March recap - The month of Hope was great. And the name of the game seemed to be leaving 200 day counts and entering "100 Day territory". We left the 200's in the dust in both our "Days to Halloween Season", and "Days to October". But perhaps maybe the biggest thing was arriving to the "Halfway Back to The Bers OBSERVED". I say observed because some of us have different interpretations for when halfway back to The Bers really are. And so now we are standing on the doorstep to Spooky Spring and our grand month-long celebration of being halfway back to October / Halloween. Outside of Spooky Season and Autumn, I would say that Spooky Spring is the next biggest thing on this thread.

So how was your March? let us know today! Happy Jack O Lantern Day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
March rolled by quickly. On the bright side, no doldrums but the cold, windy weather made it feel more winter-ish than spring-ish so I was still in a bit of hibernation mode.

I did buy all my pumpkin seeds last weekend, still too soon to start them inside but still made me happy!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Jack-O-Lantern Day!!!
halloween-140424b.gif

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans! I'm having a good Saturday. It's been busy but good. We just had a BBQ. Now going to relax tonight. Love this time of year with Easter. Makes me think a bit of Halloween. Happy Halloween!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 1
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 30
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 123
DAYS TO THE BERS: 154
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 170
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 184
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 214

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Easter! He is Risen. I'm not going to get into too much Halloween today, my focus is on Easter and why today is so important. I can just say, please look at the counts above. 24 hours out now from the beginning of SPOOKY SPRING 2024. And we are 30 days away from being Halfway back to Halloween.

There's not going to be very much of an April preview today - in truth there's not much to say. April is SPOOKY SPRING. And it's the whole month long celebration of being halfway back to October / Halloween.

Have a great day, Happy Easter to all!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans! I hope you all have had a great Easter Sunday. And a great weekend. And a great conclusion to the month of March. What a week it's been. Now to have some pastries and rest with the family tonight. Spooky Spring up next. Happy Halloween!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 29
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 122
DAYS TO THE BERS: 153
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 169
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 183
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 213

SPOOKY SPRING PIXEL ART.jpg

Halfway to October.jpg

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It's finally here. Spooky Spring has arrived. It's chilly outside with off and on rain showers. What an amazing beginning to Spooky Spring, right out of the gate! Today we begin our month-long celebration of being halfway back to October, and halfway to Halloween, which happens at the end of this month.

I think this is the biggest time in this thread outside of Spooky Season and the month of October. I remember thinking back in January, trying desperately to make it through the month, trying to keep not only PCB's at bay, but also PFHB's (Post Fall-Halloween blues), and thinking of the upcoming autumn milestones and Spooky Spring, was like seeing a beacon far away out in the darkness. But it's here now. Later this week, we will celebrate 150 DAYS TO THE BERS. Suddenly, everything that we love seems like it's coming closer and closer.

My movie for tonight is "Ghost Ship", just incase anybody wants to celebrate along with me. I'll post my film calendar again just incase anybody wants to pick some of them:

Spooky Spring 2024 Calendar.png

Have a great day! Spooky Spring has arrived at last!

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
Spooky Spring is here!

I was sick going into Spooky Spring last year with covid, so I really felt I missed a lot. This is year all is good and it is time for redemption from last year. I haven't watched a horror movie since October so there should be plenty on the streaming services to dive into this month leading up to Halfoween! Happy Spooky Spring!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image