Thanksgiving 2024 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 245
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 218
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 157

Happy Late March! Today folks we move along and have 245 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 218 days to go until November, and 157 days to go until The Bers. It’s Milestone Day folks as we welcome in Tom Turkey Day #4! Rich’s specialty. Our next milestone? It will be when April Arrives which will be on Monday. A new month and a new week together. But for now we don’t want to think about next week. We want to think about this week. We want to think about our Super Spring of course and the excitement building for Easter Weekend. And we want to think about this: Our Thanksgiving Thought Thursday!

I like when we all can just sit around the table together. Thanksgiving is the ultimate day for that. The only other day is Christmas Eve that comes close to it. Christmas Day is more about being around the tree for us or on the couch. It’s nice to have everyone around the table for Thanksgiving Day.

Having everyone together to have a meal is always a good thing. And it’s nice when you have a big meal so you take your time eating it although I know it’s tempting to eat all that good food faster. Gobble till you Wobble. Have a great Late March!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
2024-04-Mar.png

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Happy Tom Turkey Day!

Today I am thankful for our first responders and the individuals who put themselves in harm’s way to save other lives, such as with the Key Bridge tragedy this week. I can’t imagine the physical and mental toll it takes to do their jobs. Far braver men and women than I am, that’s for sure.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Tom Turkey Day!

Today I am thankful for our first responders and the individuals who put themselves in harm’s way to save other lives, such as with the Key Bridge tragedy this week. I can’t imagine the physical and mental toll it takes to do their jobs. Far braver men and women than I am, that’s for sure.
Well said!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 244
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 217
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 156

Happy Good Friday! Today folks we move along and see we have 244 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 217 days to go until November, and 156 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be on Monday when we welcome in the Arrival of April. It looks to be fun and should be a good milestone for sure. My turkey friends we continue in the early stages of our Super Spring here in the later stages of March with our Fun Fact Friday below!

Minnesota raises the most turkeys in the U.S. Just six states—Minnesota, North Carolina, Arkansas, Virginia, Missouri and Indiana—produce two-thirds of the birds raised in the United States.

That is something I definitely had no idea on and I find interesting. So what about all the turkeys I see running around? Haha…but it’s interesting that only that few amount of states produce 2/3 of the birds raised. Who knew? Well now you do know. That’s what Fun Fact Friday is for. Don’t you think so? Now turkey friends I hope you enjoy today. A special day. Some people even have it as a holiday. If you do enjoy it. If not just think Easter thoughts and whether you’re having a ham, turkey, or lasagna on Easter get excited for it. Have a great Good Friday!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Happy Good Friday! Today folks we move along and see we have 244 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 217 days to go until November, and 156 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be on Monday when we welcome in the Arrival of April. It looks to be fun and should be a good milestone for sure. My turkey friends we continue in the early stages of our Super Spring here in the later stages of March with our Fun Fact Friday below!

Minnesota raises the most turkeys in the U.S. Just six states—Minnesota, North Carolina, Arkansas, Virginia, Missouri and Indiana—produce two-thirds of the birds raised in the United States.

That is something I definitely had no idea on and I find interesting. So what about all the turkeys I see running around? Haha…but it’s interesting that only that few amount of states produce 2/3 of the birds raised. Who knew? Well now you do know. That’s what Fun Fact Friday is for. Don’t you think so? Now turkey friends I hope you enjoy today. A special day. Some people even have it as a holiday. If you do enjoy it. If not just think Easter thoughts and whether you’re having a ham, turkey, or lasagna on Easter get excited for it. Have a great Good Friday!​
That's a lot of turkeys.

1711714815614.png

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois

I love Fun Fact Friday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 243
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 216
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 155

Happy Next To Last Day Of March! Today folks we have 243 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 216 days to go until November, and 155 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be on Monday when we welcome in a brand new month which will be the month of April. I am looking forward to it as baseball season has just kicked off and now we have Easter this weekend. Big time move here into our Super Spring which I love this time of year. I think we may have to use that phrase we used “Stress Free” in the month of April ahead. I think we used to use that phrase throughout the spring time. Turkey friends it’s Saturday so it’s time in this thread to simply have fun and not go into too many topics. We just talk here on the weekends. No pressure. But I really hope you all enjoyed the 5 topics this week. And I hope we can now just have fun relaxing and posting this weekend here without any big expectations. It’s going to be amazing I hope. Thank you friends for being here this weekend. And keep the turkey feelings alive all weekend long even though you may not be having turkey for Easter. I have to tell you my spring break has refreshed me but I’m glad to have this weekend still to enjoy. Have a great Next To Last Day Of March!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I think "Stress Free" is a great thing to focus on anytime but April does seem perfect since May can be hectic and is often my least favorite month. Count me in!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I think "Stress Free" is a great thing to focus on anytime but April does seem perfect since May can be hectic and is often my least favorite month. Count me in!
I didn't know that May is sometimes your least favorite month--we'll have to do something about that! Maybe in ramp things up at the Tavern.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I didn't know that May is sometimes your least favorite month--we'll have to do something about that! Maybe in ramp things up at the Tavern.
That would be wonderful. May can just be so busy.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
May hectic for you?

It is and there is no controlling when everything gets scheduled... graduations, First Communions, Mother's Day, etc...

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 242
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 215
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 154

Happy Easter! Today folks we have 242 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 215 days left until November, and 154 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone? It will be TOMORROW when we reach April. Amazing huh? A fully true month of spring and stress free month ahead for this thread. We move along in our Super Spring with a special day known as Easter. Well we all hope you are celebrating with your family and friends today. And having some good food. But will it be as good as Thanksgiving Dinner? I doubt that will happen. But we’ll see what happens. I hope you all are enjoying a quiet Sunday in this thread also after a quiet Saturday. Love our quiet weekends here. Gives everyone a break to just enjoy the thread, post a bit, read and relax. That’s the plan here before another busy week of topics. And we all know what they will be. Monday – Weekly Countdown till Thanksgiving Week. Tuesday – Picture Day. Wednesday – Weekly Poll. Thursday – Thanksgiving Thought. Friday – Fun Fact. That’s how we roll in this thread now and I don’t see any reason to mess with that formula. It took us a couple of years to evolve into this weekly pattern but I really think it fits perfectly now like a glove on your hand. Turkey friends be good and safe on this Easter Sunday. To you and your family have a great one. Have a great Easter!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image