Not open for further replies.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
CIJ Dept: Visited the Blank Park Zoo, in Des Moines, IA, this past Saturday. It was CIJ Day. There were several Christmas trees in the entrance lobby with lights, animal ornaments, and animal print, santa hat tree toppers. There were lots of CIJ craft opportunities for families to work on while the Christmas tunes played in the background....Today: The elves visited my home last night. When I turned on the season one Andy Griffith Show
disc, to work out to this morning, it was on the Christmas episode.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
CIJ Dept: Visited the Blank Park Zoo, in Des Moines, IA, this past Saturday. It was CIJ Day. There were several Christmas trees in the entrance lobby with lights, animal ornaments, and animal print, santa hat tree toppers. There were lots of CIJ craft opportunities for families to work on while the Christmas tunes played in the background....Today: The elves visited my home last night. When I turned on the season one Andy Griffith Show
disc, to work out to this morning, it was on the Christmas episode.
Love it! So Festive! Merry Christmas In July!!!!
-lights-

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Sounds like a great day!! I have had QVC on in the background at work. Hoping to watch something Christmas later on at home! The weather is awesome!!
Enjoy your day!

I have been listening to Christmas music for the last hour or so while writing my paper. I would watch QVC but I have to do it on my computer and I cannot do that and write my paper at the same time. lol

You are right the weather is nice today. I am done with the heat and humidity. It was really bad for a solid week.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Merry Christmas in July, Christmas friends!
-santa dance-
Today is also five years ago with no issues since my heart attack , so it's another great milestone for me!

I went walking at lunch with Nancy, trying to loosen her up after last weeks surgery, but the heat and humidity drove us back inside. Even thinking Christmassy thought couldn't cut that heat LOL!

I hope y'all have a great day, and
-merry- in July!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I have been listening to Christmas music for the last hour or so while writing my paper. I would watch QVC but I have to do it on my computer and I cannot do that and write my paper at the same time. lol

You are right the weather is nice today. I am done with the heat and humidity. It was really bad for a solid week.
Lol! Enjoy the music!
It is perfect today! I'm not done with summer, but I don't need it to be so hot you can't stand to be outside again! I'm sure it's coming though!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
-santa dance-
Today is also five years ago with no issues since my heart attack , so it's another great milestone for me!

I went walking at lunch with Nancy, trying to loosen her up after last weeks surgery, but the heat and humidity drove us back inside. Even thinking Christmassy thought couldn't cut that heat LOL!

-merry- in July!!
Merry Christmas in July to you!
That's great it's been 5 years since your heart attack with no issues! I don't think I realized that happened on CIJ! Every year of health is now another reason to celebrate!
I hope Nancy is feeling better!
Have a great day Brad!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Thank you so much HMG! I can't wait for her appointment with the different vet, even though it makes me nervous. I just worry about her - and her future! My FIL was over last night & he said to Gracie "I heard you haven't been feeling too well - sounds like you might have to be replaced soon!"
I certainly hope that's not the case, but I couldn't believe he said it!! MEN! ;) :eek::mad:

I agree, that was a pretty callous remark. I'm so sorry, that's the last thing you needed to hear. I know you are worried about your Gracie girl. I'm praying for the both of you. Sending hugs <3

Good luck to your oldest! I hope you have a wonderful day too HMG!

Thank you so much, my daughter said the interview went well. Fingers crossed she hears back from them!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Hello HMG. Partly cloudy with a high of 83 today and that should be the highest for the rest of the week. Not bad for July in SD. My morning has already seen my weekly Bible study at BK and now it will continue with a brief walk with my better half, some yard work, a quick trip to mail off a couple of things and hopefully in bed by 1PM to prepare for tonight's endeavors. Good luck to your son on his interview and...
Merry Christmas in July...
View attachment 37858

Thank you CGYager, Merry Christmas in July! :)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Merry Christmas in July to you!
That's great it's been 5 years since your heart attack with no issues! I don't think I realized that happened on CIJ! Every year of health is now another reason to celebrate!
I hope Nancy is feeling better!
Have a great day Brad!
I don't want to bring anyone down but Brad's post made me think of this weekend I found out a friend on FB of mine who I went to school with posted how a friend of his (I don't know the person directly) had a heart attack and passed away suddenly this weekend. Guy had to be in his 40s. Scary stuff.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I agree, that was a pretty callous remark. I'm so sorry, that's the last thing you needed to hear. I know you are worried about your Gracie girl. I'm praying for the both of you. Sending hugs <3

Thank you so much, my daughter said the interview went well. Fingers crossed she hears back from them!

Thanks again HMG! Hopefully we can figure something out for my sweet girl!

Glad to hear the interview went well! My fingers are crossed for her too! xx

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I don't want to bring anyone down but Brad's post made me think of this weekend I found out a friend on FB of mine who I went to school with posted how a friend of his (I don't know the person directly) had a heart attack and passed away suddenly this weekend. Guy had to be in his 40s. Scary stuff.

Oh that's terrible. I'm sorry to hear about your friends loss. Yes, very scary indeed. You just never know!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Just sayin - if he were at my house, he wouldn't be put away until the new year! :D

Well I'm hoping to move in November so he might get packed up before then. He'll come right back out though!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
-santa dance-

-merry- in July!!

Praying for many more years to come too!!!

Hope Nancy is starting to feel like her normal self again!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Tuesday afternoon! It started out as a bleak, rainy day but now the sun is out and it's perfect weather. We'll be going out to eat and then we'll go see the Montreal Symphony Orchestra in a park. I'm excited, I love orchestra music but we've never seen the MSO play. Hope everyone is enjoying a nice day.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Oh that's terrible. I'm sorry to hear about your friends loss. Yes, very scary indeed. You just never know!
So true. A dear friend of ours recently lost her son. He was 54, and passed away unexpectedly in his sleep a few weeks ago. Life can be uncertain.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
As soon as he said it I think he thought "I shouldn't have said that!" Their dogs have all been "farm dogs" so they don't get as attached to them like we do!

When my old dog Ragmop was having trouble navigating the wooden stairs at our place and slid down the last 3, my dad's friend turned to him and said, "cheaper than a needle". My dad thought it was funny and shared it with us at dinner. I was "floored" by it. I was heading to College the year after and already knew that my dog (had her as a pup and was only 5 when she came into our lives) was showing signs of aging; cataracts and joint pain so I was worried that she might not be around when I visited from College. It still bothers me. I'm sure he was only joking, probably not realizing how extremely worried you are.

Last night we cut down a pine tree. It was damaged when we remodeled our house & just hasn't looked good since. It's on the property line between our house & the neighbors so we were all out there dragging away the branches. I came across one that looked like a little Christmas tree, so I saved that one. I'm hoping to stand it up at the lake & decorate it for our CIJ weekend, this weekend. It smells GREAT too! I'm not sure yet how I'm going to get it to stand up though! o_O The tree was loaded with pine cones too - but they were small & so STICKY!!
I also made rum balls for our CIJ celebration. I have never made them before, so hopefully they taste ok! Its a recipe I found online.

RUM BALLS?!!! Haven't had any of those since the early 90's. Your little tree sounds perfect. Will it fit into an old flower pot? You can pack some sand around it to keep it in place. It will keep for a few days

I love this!!

Oddly enough, "the surprise large CIJ Santa was referenced here. I like it too.
Made - keep it out and use it as a door stop when you move. HaHa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image