DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 37
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 130
DAYS TO THE BERS: 161
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 177
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 191
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 221

Dark Arts Sunday official.png

Dark Arts Sundays.png

Good Morning, Halloween Friends! You can see from the tried and true trusty graphic above that today is a special edition of Dark Arts Sundays. I'll be going through HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban today Why one week early? Well, as I realized last year in the 2023 Halloween thread, Having Dark Arts Sunday on the same day as Easter just feels terribly wrong, and precisely why JOL Day #3 is on Saturday this month instead of the usual 31st. But to piggy back on that thought, this weekend is SPOOKY SPRING KICKOFF WEEKEND.

Guys, I did a thing. I finally contacted QVC and suggested / asked why there was no halfway to Halloween / Halloween countdown show. I mentioned that we do Christmas in July, which is always a big hit, and felt that not only would it be fun, it would also potentially be a money maker. Who knows if it goes anywhere, but if you ever see one day in the future that they do it, remember your old friend Mark who helpfully got the wheels turning over there.

Back to business. Tomorrow marks ONE WEEK to Spooky Spring, and we will enter into a 150's count on our way back to The Bers ON TUESDAY. That's a spooky count indeed! Have a great day, friends!

Have a great

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Me too. That really seems to be a thing now.
There is a house in my neighborhood that still has two life-size skeletons sitting at a table on the front porch. Leftover from Halloween. They put Santa hats on them at Christmastime.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans! Went to the city today. Was a fun day. But a long one too. Now back to work for 2 days before I'm off the rest of the week. Finally cleaning out my Halloween bowl and moving in Easter candy. Happy Halloween!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 5
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 7
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 36
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 129
DAYS TO THE BERS: 160
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 176
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 190
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 220

Spooky Spring 2.jpg
ONE WEEK!

Good Morning Halloween Friends! We are finally here and standing on the door step now. 163 hours and 29 minutes separate us from Spooky Spring.

One week from today we will be wrapped in the embrace of Spooky Spring. And we sort of "unofficially" kick off Spooky Spring on Saturday with JOL Day #3, then pausing for 24 hours to observe Easter, and then we jump right into the festivities on Monday, April 1st. It will be a whole month of of "Halloween in April", and I think obviously the premiere time here on this thread outside of October.

Tomorrow we enter into a 150's count on the way back to The Bers! Holy cow! It will be a pulse pounding thrilling week. And Happy Rudolph Day to all! Have a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans! Back to work today. It was a busy Monday like usual. Tuesday is my Friday this week. I may have to slip in a few early Halloween shows with my vacation. Spooky Spring a bit early? Happy Halloween!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 4
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 6
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 35
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 128
DAYS TO THE BERS: 159
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 175
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 189
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 219

Happy Tuesday Morning! No post Rudolph Day Blues this morning, something about being in the Spring time and being so close to Spooky Spring means it's almost impossible to feel PCB's now. They have translated into overall "Feels" by this point and there will be more and more of them as we get closer to the halfway point.

You can see from our counts above that we have finally entered into the 150's on our way back to The Bers. That count is a little spooky, honestly. My coworkers remarked yesterday that March went by fast. I hope April doesn't go by as fast because I want to enjoy Spooky Spring! The kickoff begins this weekend following the conclusion of Easter!

Have a great Tuesday, folks!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 3
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 5
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 34
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 127
DAYS TO THE BERS: 158
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 174
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 188
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 218

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Wednesday! Finally midway through the week now! It's a rainy and overcast day. I hope they can save some of these days for Spooky Spring, the October ambience is just so high on days like today.

You can see from the big counts above that we are just THREE days from Jack O Lantern Day #3 now, and Spooky Spring lies a mere 5 days away. I hope @The_Escalation shows up in time to post his famous memes to count down the final 72 hours until Spooky Spring begins!

Our next major milestone after the start of Spooky Spring is obviously the 150 DAYS TO THE BERS which is only 8 days away now. That's a big one but you guys can tell that I am very very excited for Spooky Spring, and I'm so glad we decided to make this "a thing". If I remember correctly, this is the third "official" year of observing Spooky Spring, it was just one of those things that happened organically and then stuck around, just like when we "added" extra Jack O Lantern Days!

Have a great day, friends!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans! Was a nice day off I have to say. Sometimes when I have off I just want to be laid back about it and think about Halloween. I know some love to go out on vacation days but I sometimes like to stay home and today I did some. Going out to dinner though. Happy Halloween!

Last edited:

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 2
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 4
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 33
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 126
DAYS TO THE BERS: 157
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 173
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 187
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 217

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 26
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 31

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It's Mini Friday! We're marching (no pun intended) right along in our counts, you can see we're just two days away from JOL Day #3, 4 days from the start of Spooky Spring, and you can see that our next major milestone will be 150 DAYS TO THE BERS, coming exactly one week from today, when we are comfortably in the embrace of Spooky Spring. Another count that jumps out to me this morning, we will see the arrival of the 100 DAY WINDOW to FALL PRESEASON(!!!) just about a week before we celebrate the Halfway point to Halloween. Wowsers.

Throughout the year, I talk often about how good it feels to see Halloween depicted in films and TV Shows. I love the ambience that creators try to portray on their shows. And I've gone on record many times to say that I think that the movie "Halloween 4", has the greatest opening credits/titles of any movie that is trying to portray the feelings of October and Autumn. I've watched just those opening scenes before as part of my JOL Day routines, it honestly gives me The Feels, just seeing the imagery on TV. Another great video is the outstanding "Halloween Atmospheres Volumes I and 2", that are on Youtube. The creators on that channel have stated that they were inspired by Halloween 4 opening and tries to pay homage to that on their videos, and they do a great job!

But did you know that the very first TV Character/Show to show Trick or Treating was Charlie Brown in 1966? This is believed to be the very first time that the concept of Trick or Treating was shown on TV!

That's my Thursday Halloween thought for today - how great it is to see Halloween try and be depicted on TV / Shows. What's your favorite depiction of Halloween on TV? Let us know today!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
It might be cheating a bit, but my honest answer is that my favorite depiction of Halloween on TV is It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. For an animated special, the art direction absolutely nails it. I mean, just look at this frame from the opening of the show:

1711630362632.jpeg

Look at those colors! I can ignore the sun being completely red and take in the atmosphere as a whole, and believe that this is taking place during an autumn evening. And then there’s this one:

1711630518824.png

The background is just a simple light blue, but somehow it conveys a chilly, autumn afternoon. It reminds me of the “filter” that covers the sky in the Fall, where the bright blue is muted just a bit.

Then again, maybe this is all in my head, and I’m seeing what I want to see, but I swear that there had to be a few Bers fans on the art team for this show.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans! Getting excited for Easter. And we all know what next week is. But right now I'm focusing on the Easter Weekend ahead. It has a little Halloween to it with all the candy. Happy Halloween!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 2
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 4
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 33
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 126
DAYS TO THE BERS: 157
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 173
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 187
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 217

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 26
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 31

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It's Mini Friday! We're marching (no pun intended) right along in our counts, you can see we're just two days away from JOL Day #3, 4 days from the start of Spooky Spring, and you can see that our next major milestone will be 150 DAYS TO THE BERS, coming exactly one week from today, when we are comfortably in the embrace of Spooky Spring. Another count that jumps out to me this morning, we will see the arrival of the 100 DAY WINDOW to FALL PRESEASON(!!!) just about a week before we celebrate the Halfway point to Halloween. Wowsers.

Throughout the year, I talk often about how good it feels to see Halloween depicted in films and TV Shows. I love the ambience that creators try to portray on their shows. And I've gone on record many times to say that I think that the movie "Halloween 4", has the greatest opening credits/titles of any movie that is trying to portray the feelings of October and Autumn. I've watched just those opening scenes before as part of my JOL Day routines, it honestly gives me The Feels, just seeing the imagery on TV. Another great video is the outstanding "Halloween Atmospheres Volumes I and 2", that are on Youtube. The creators on that channel have stated that they were inspired by Halloween 4 opening and tries to pay homage to that on their videos, and they do a great job!

But did you know that the very first TV Character/Show to show Trick or Treating was Charlie Brown in 1966? This is believed to be the very first time that the concept of Trick or Treating was shown on TV!

That's my Thursday Halloween thought for today - how great it is to see Halloween try and be depicted on TV / Shows. What's your favorite depiction of Halloween on TV? Let us know today!
I did not know this- how neat!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 1
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 3
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 32
DAYS TO FALL PRESEASON: 125
DAYS TO THE BERS: 156
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 172
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 186
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 216

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Friday to you! We're just one big day away now from Jack O Lantern Day #3, and of course the "Elephant In the room" is the start of Spooky Spring, which lies just about 72 hours away. I am getting the jitters just thinking about it.

Moving through the other counts we are obviously just two days from entering the "Final Thirty" to Halfoween, and the big 150 DAYS TO THE BERS milestone is just up ahead, six days from today.

With JOL Day being tomorrow, I'm going to pop back in here and give my "final" thoughts on March, and then we will have our brief April preview on Sunday. It will not take a genius to figure out what the main focus of the preview will revolve around.

Have a wonderful day, friends! See you this evening!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image