MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
It is POURING!!!! But I don't care cuz it's quitting time! :D Free car wash!! :D Everyone have a wonderful evening!!!
Thanks for reminding me, I need to do that (car wash) after Bible study this morning. Here is a serious car washing person...
Washing your car in the rain.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
HoHoHello my Merry Chums!

Well, I spotted a decorated street lamp last weekend and yesterday when I dropped my mom off after lunch, I went by the same way and as I suspected, the Christmas decorations were on purpose. They're filming another Hallmark Christmas film in my neck of the woods. I sure hope the decorations that were displayed today were not the ones they used in the film. EGAD! Even when I had a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree in my College years it was decorated better than the one I saw. I don't know the name of the movie, but the town is called Angel Falls. If they're filming anywhere else and I notice the decorations, I'll snap a photo or two for the Christmas blossoms thread that should be winding it's way toward us soon.

Looks like I'll have to get myself a new laptop or a small PC. Not in the near future so I'll try and manage with the work laptop for now.

Had a great visit with the maid of honour from my wedding and her husband whom I haven't seen in over 13 years. I'm going to drive on my own to visit them next summer.

Have a great week; look at those numbers speedy along now - into the double digits is so exciting!!!
Keep a merry thought in your head! -lights-
Good morning Auntie. Must be interesting to have something like that going on where you live. I'm sure that it has it's good and not-so-great situations that go along with a company filming in or near a town. Glad you were able to hook up with friends from long ago, I have a great friend from my USAF days that lives in Lincoln, Ne (about four hours away). We don't get to see each other as often as we would like, but the time and the distance has never dulled our friendship. Planning on heading down there for a few days next Spring.
Enjoy the season that is here and of course the one to come...
Fall waterfall.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
A very happy Tuesday morning to everyone in the MMC universe. The rain limited my outdoor work, but the grass is coming up nicely. The evening BBQ went well and even has given me the opportunity for a few leftovers. Nothing like BBQ for breakfast... lol.
All caught up with just about everything this morning. Bible study begins in a couple of hours and then (as Holiday reminded me) get the car washed. Where I live there is a lot of "mist" like tree sap that constantly covers the cars this time of year. Hopefully I can get a little more work done in the garage and then off to "Dreamland" and get ready for another five-day stretch.
Have a nice day and a great Fall week beginning...
Fall 2017.jpg

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! Today will be cloudy with the chance of showers and a high of 75. That is from Jose which is passing too far to the east to affect us too much. But not much in the way of sun so far this week. Looks like as Autumn approaches it only gets warmer. Pretty weird how summer ended so early and now is back as Autumn approaches. People at work were mentioning the holidays yesterday so I think it's sinking in that it's not too far away even to the non-crazy people lol. Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
Happy Tuesday!
It's going to be cloudy, windy & rainy today with highs near 72 degrees. I'm going to make a Target run and do some food shopping afterward. Other than that I will be working on some chores around the house. Dinner will be roasted chicken, sweet potato fries & a big tossed salad. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Final Quarter Approachers.

And the last quarter of our Christmas count is indeed approaching at rapid speed, about which we will comment following this brief pause to review the daily count.

Days to the Season: 55
Days to Christmas Day: 97

UNDER a week now.
That's the period of time remaining before we arrive at our next Milestone marker, the THREE QUARTERS point to Christmas Day 2017.
(The year isn't just slipping away Folks, it's racing down hill!)

Still the warm, yet comfortable weather, as Mother Nature continues to hold the humidity levels at tolerable levels.
No rain, either.
We currently are starting our day-before-'Pines Day at 66 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Fellow MMC Citizens!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Hard to believe that a year ago today, I married my best friend, companion and soul mate. The time has really flied, much like the Christmas season does every year. We've had our good times and bad times, but we've gone through them as a team. There is no one else I would want to have gone through them with. One year down, forever to go.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary and many more to come!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Tuesday morning! Still Summer here and for at least another week. I'm working the afternoon/evening shift for the next couple of days and will be training new assistant managers both days. We're also hiring so it's going to be a very busy week for me. Wishing everyone a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Final Quarter Approachers.

And the last quarter of our Christmas count is indeed approaching at rapid speed, about which we will comment following this brief pause to review the daily count.

Days to the Season: 55
Days to Christmas Day: 97

UNDER a week now.
That's the period of time remaining before we arrive at our next Milestone marker, the THREE QUARTERS point to Christmas Day 2017.
(The year isn't just slipping away Folks, it's racing down hill!)

Still the warm, yet comfortable weather, as Mother Nature continues to hold the humidity levels at tolerable levels.
No rain, either.
We currently are starting our day-before-'Pines Day at 66 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Fellow MMC Citizens!
Thanks Crown! Enjoy these last few days of summer!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC! Merry Tuesday!! Looks like another dreary day on tap! It was spitting rain when I cam into work & now it's getting darker - looks almost like night time!
Not much going on today, just work & then ??? There is always something to dig into! It doesn't look like there's much Christmas on TV, so that's a bummer! I might have to check out my DVR shows.

I got this recipe in an email this morning - made me think of all you PSL peeps.

Perfect Your PSL
Fall is just around the corner, but pumpkin spice latte season is already in full swing. Sadly, the PSL at Starbucks is a sugary caloriefest: the standard Tall option contains 300 calories, 11g fat, and THIRTY-NINE grams of sugar! Ours is made with real pumpkin and has a tiny fraction of the sugar. Basic just got better...

Entire recipe: 70 calories, 2g total fat (<0.5g sat fat), 111mg sodium, 6.5g carbs, 1.5 fiber, 1.5 sugars, 7g protein

SmartPoints® value 1*

Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes or less

Ingredients:
2 tbsp. vanilla protein powder with about 100 calories per serving (like the kind by Quest Nutrition or Tera's Whey)
1 packet no-calorie sweetener (like Truvia)
2 tsp. instant coffee granules
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, or more for topping
2 tbsp. canned pure pumpkin
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Optional: natural light whipped topping

Directions:
Place protein powder, sweetener, coffee granules, and pumpkin pie spice in a tall microwave-safe mug or glass. Add 3/4 cup water, and mix well. Microwave for 45 seconds, or until hot.

Stir until protein powder and coffee granules have dissolved. Add canned pumpkin, and stir until uniform.

Add almond milk, and mix well. Microwave for another 45 seconds, or until hot.

MAKES 1 SERVING

Everyone, have a great day!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Must be nice! Its a sweat shop here
We had both. It would rain & cool off, then the sun would come out & it was hotter than blazes. Whew!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
HoHoHello my Merry Chums!

Well, I spotted a decorated street lamp last weekend and yesterday when I dropped my mom off after lunch, I went by the same way and as I suspected, the Christmas decorations were on purpose. They're filming another Hallmark Christmas film in my neck of the woods. I sure hope the decorations that were displayed today were not the ones they used in the film. EGAD! Even when I had a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree in my College years it was decorated better than the one I saw. I don't know the name of the movie, but the town is called Angel Falls. If they're filming anywhere else and I notice the decorations, I'll snap a photo or two for the Christmas blossoms thread that should be winding it's way toward us soon.

Looks like I'll have to get myself a new laptop or a small PC. Not in the near future so I'll try and manage with the work laptop for now.

Had a great visit with the maid of honour from my wedding and her husband whom I haven't seen in over 13 years. I'm going to drive on my own to visit them next summer.

Have a great week; look at those numbers speedy along now - into the double digits is so exciting!!!
Keep a merry thought in your head! -lights-

Could this be the movie?
https://www.sudbury.com/around-the-...vie-production-being-shot-in-north-bay-711480

Angel Falls - Hallmark Channel
www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas/2017-holiday-movies-preview/22
Fallen angel Gabby must redeem herself. To do so, she’s dispatched to – where else but the town of Angel Falls. It’s not a job for any one being, even one ...

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
A very happy Tuesday morning to everyone in the MMC universe. The rain limited my outdoor work, but the grass is coming up nicely. The evening BBQ went well and even has given me the opportunity for a few leftovers. Nothing like BBQ for breakfast... lol.
All caught up with just about everything this morning. Bible study begins in a couple of hours and then (as Holiday reminded me) get the car washed. Where I live there is a lot of "mist" like tree sap that constantly covers the cars this time of year. Hopefully I can get a little more work done in the garage and then off to "Dreamland" and get ready for another five-day stretch.
Have a nice day and a great Fall week beginning...
View attachment 39140
How could BBQ for breakfast be bad??? ;) Hope you get some good rest before it's time for work & have a great day!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Morning MMC! Today will be cloudy with the chance of showers and a high of 75. That is from Jose which is passing too far to the east to affect us too much. But not much in the way of sun so far this week. Looks like as Autumn approaches it only gets warmer. Pretty weird how summer ended so early and now is back as Autumn approaches. People at work were mentioning the holidays yesterday so I think it's sinking in that it's not too far away even to the non-crazy people lol. Hope you all have a great Tuesday!
I think once we are under 100 days it starts to sink in!! Have a great day Edge!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Soooo cute, thank you for sharing!
LOVE your new pumpkin as well!
xo
Thanks, me too! I set it out last night, even though it's broke. I just put the broken side to the back until I can get back to the store.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC ~
Happy Tuesday!
It's going to be cloudy, windy & rainy today with highs near 72 degrees. I'm going to make a Target run and do some food shopping afterward. Other than that I will be working on some chores around the house. Dinner will be roasted chicken, sweet potato fries & a big tossed salad. That's about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
Good morning HMG! How was the Pioneer Woman Chicken Enchilada soup? Your supper tonight sounds great too! Have a wonderful day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image